Chapter 11

Contrary to her brother's beliefs, Jhaufyther was not being forgotten by his closest friends.

Now that he's gone, Clauchice noticed that the sky was significantly darker than it was before. It used to be a bright, cobalt blue in the daytime, but now it's always navy blue, as if Jhaufyther took the control of the sky with him.

Star Tail left the camp in flames and ashes. It took a long time for the Catwings to adjust the camp back to normal, especially now that Jhaufyther wasn't there to help them.

She looked up at the sky, imagining that her brother was up there, watching them with his annoying yet helpful judgement. She could almost imagine him saying, "Don't sit around and do nothing. Go enjoy yourself; I know you can find a way."

"Nothing?"

Lhrioun came up behind her, his tail in the air. He sighed as he looked up at the sky.

"We've been looking for a while," Clauchice said. Knowing that their brother was suffering at a level she had never suffered before, they started to help him look for Crystal, even though they were clearly aware Jhaufyther would be annoyed with that.

"How's Haphmoun?"

"She's growing dimmer," Lhrioun admitted, wincing. "It's just a matter of time-"

"Before she joins Jhaufyther." She sighed. "I know."

"She's still up there, in the sky," he growled. "Hoping that her mate-our brother-will one day come back."

"He's been through a lot," she said in defense of him.

"I know. I just wish that he could at least give us a sign that we're heading towards the right path."

Almost immediately, a blue light briefly appeared in the sky, pointing to the left. Then it blinked out.

"Well, there's our sign," Clauchice said, looking at him.

"Yeah. Let's just hope that it helps us tremendously."

They waited around until Clauchice spotted Klick haze's familiar multicolored pelt through the bushes. "Anything? At all?"

Klickhaze nodded. "We found a few footprints in the mud that were heading towards the desert," she said.

"Like that's going to help us." Her brother, Hazefhur, came into the camp with his tail lashing. "It literally ends at the border of Lepardhice and Littefhur's camps," he snapped.

"It still shows us where she went," Klickhaze argued.

"Did he give you anything?" Hazefhur asked, looking at Clauchice.

"A blue light that was pointing somewhere over there," she said, gesturing towards the direction the desert is at. "So we are heading towards the right place."

"We shouldn't even be sitting around," Hazefhur pointed out. "Wouldn't he say something like 'Sitting around won't give you anything. Start looking so you can know what you're trying to get.'"

"SO true," Klickhaze agreed.

"When should we be moving?" Lhrioun asked. "Right now, it's too cold-"

"It's ALWAYS cold," Clauchice interrupted.

"My point is," he said, with a quick glare at her, "that we should travel when it's a bit warmer."

"True, it's just going to be dark."

"Like it has been this past week," Hazefhur said to Klickhaze.

"How is it supposed to be blue if Jhaufyther isn't here?" Clauchice said. "Klickhaze's right. It will be dark, so we need to tread carefully."