a beautifully fresh start

7:00 AM
- Courtney's POV -
My alarm clock ringed, the house was silent.
I had got up and made my bed. I looked at the spotless clean floor.
"Was something missing?" I asked myself, looking around. I went downstairs to make myself some tea, school doesn't start until 9:15 anyways, but I always like to get a early start at everything. I had exactly an hour to get ready because I want to arrive early and it takes me 10 minutes to actually get to my school.
5 minutes early.. hm..

I went upstairs to shower and put on the clothes that I had laid out last night.
This is my first day, I want to make a good impression. Not something too nerdy, but something classic.
The school doesn't really have any rules depending on what we wear but you can never be too careful.
68 degrees fahrenheit. I checked it last night.
A brown top with long sleeves and lace. It was a classic sweetheart neckline, most of my tops were sweetheart necklines.
I wore my favorite pair of cute low rised bootcut jeans that honestly fit me perfectly and shows off my curves.
I laced up my brown converse, and looked at myself in the mirror.
I took a look at my hair, not deciding if I should wash my hair and leave it curly for once or keep my straightened hair. I giggled at myself for a moment, shaking my head. I pinned my bangs back with some bobby pins, then did a small braid on the left and right side of my hair, leaving the rest out.
I brushed my teeth and washed my face, which leaded to me doing my whole 10 step skincare routine. After finishing my skincare, I moved on to my makeup.
My makeup was pretty simple, for I had followed the "Clean Girl" makeup tutorial. I looked good. I went to go finish my tea, when I saw a note on the counter.

"Courtney, have a good first day.
Sorry I can't be here for you, for I
have important business to do. I
Wont be here in the afternoon so If
Your hungry I left you some papa ginos.
Love you lots!
P.S Don't worry about your younger sister, someone is taking care of her.
- MOM"

Lucky me.
I get my bag, making sure I have all my books, notes, hygiene products, pens/pencils, binders, beauty supplies, etc.
I practically bathed myself in cozy vanilla bourbon body spray.
I looked at myself in the mirror one more time, checking myself out and grabbing my keys and phone.

I grabbed my bag and headed outside, realizing that my mom couldn't drive me meaning I would probably be late. I checked the time and it was 8:48.
I better get a move on if I want to get to school early..

I was walking when a car pulled up next to me.
A raspy voice in a black car, a voice I had recognized..
"Need a ride?" Said the mysterious raspy voice.
I looked at where the voice was coming from, and it was Gwen Ingrid, the girl I met in a summer camp 3 years ago.
"G-GWEN?" I yelled, shocked.
"How do you know my- wait.. COURTNEY?" She asked
"Yeah it's me!" I said, smiling.
She got out of the car and gave me a big hug.
"It's been so long!" I said.
"Tell me about it!" She responded.
"So.. where are you headed?" She asked me
"Drama high school!" I said.
"You go there? Me too!" She said.
We squealed for a moment, getting in the car then we told each other everything that has been going on in our lives. It's nice to see her again.

We arrived at the school, and I got my schedule.
It consists of..