Chapter 1 "Ahaan and Neha meet"

Hi guys! I'm Neha Goenka

Hi guys! I'm Neha Goenka. Pyaar se log mujhe nini bulate hain. (People call me nini out of love) I'm 21 years old and I come from a small middle class family in Mumbai. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in arts and moved to San Francisco State University. Being away from my country and from my home made me realise that if you want to make a living then you need to get out of your comfort zone. Before coming to the States I already applied for a job in a tech company as their PR manager. I was not hoping to get in but I did. My job pays me $80,000 per month. I only applied for this job to run my family back in India. My father retired and my brother never has a fixed job. I'm the only one in our family who earns money.

But being away from home and independently earning money gives you a sense of freedom. And that sense of freedom can lead you to trouble sometimes like right now.

I'm being dragged into one of our college friend's house by my two besties Nidhi and Rhea. We've been friends since before I've moved into the States. They are the most loyal friends one can ever have. I know that if something goes wrong then they'll always be there to save me. That's why I agreed to come to this stupid Halloween party dressed as a fallen angel. Now normally I would be sitting in our dorm room's couch, take a bag of chips and binge on a Netflix show.

"Come on girl! Please don't be so stubborn. You always stay inside the room and never party outside but tonight's Halloween! Things have to change tonight. Come on Rhea! Say something." Nidhi whines like a baby yearning for a lollipop.

"What do you want me to say? You said everything that needs to be said. She doesn't want to go inside. Let her be. Besides it's not like she enjoys our company." Rhea sulks.

"Fine, fine! Just don't drag me I can go in myself. You guys are ruining my dress. This is the last party you're going to be dragging me along with. I swear if you guys mention a party again I'm going to murder you guys in your sleep." I grumble like an old lady.

The three of us are wearing sexy dresses. Nidhi is dressed like a witch and Rhea is dressed like a goth Barbie.

As soon as we enter the house Nidhi goes to a corner to click some pictures and Rhea runs for the food tray. Out of the three of us I'm the only one who's sane. I walk trough the hallways and look at everyone in here. Some are dancing, others drinking and some making out. The sound of the loud music and all these people are suffocating me. I feel like I want to puke. See this is the only reason I didn't want to come to this party. I'm an introvert and I don't like going out. Plus I hate this outfit. It's too skinny and short. Yes, I do feel insecure about my body.

Just when I thought I was going to puke I saw a door that led to the backyard. I went there immediately. The loud sound was now muffled and there were no people around. Or so I thought. A breath heaved out of me when I saw a silhouette of a man in the dark. A shiver snaked down my spine when I looked into a set of deep blue eyes. They held so much hate and pain. And they were very deep. As deep as the Pacific Ocean. He's way taller than me. About 6ft 3 inches. He's so tall that I have to stretch my neck up to look at him properly. He has dark brown hair and a very sharp jawline. He's wearing a formal pant with a shirt and his blazer was laying on his shoulder. You could get a hint of his sculpted chest since his first few buttons of his shirt were undone.