Chapter 6 "The haldi ceremony"

I woke up from a lot of shouting and chaos and that means that the haldi ceremony wasn't canceled and Vedika still hasn't refused to marry me

I woke up from a lot of shouting and chaos and that means that the haldi ceremony wasn't canceled and Vedika still hasn't refused to marry me. So, I have to go with my plan B. It'll definitely hurt my mother but small sacrifices for the greater good. I ring up Rohan who is an accomplice of mine and ask him about the plan that I'm going to execute. He informs me about some of the delays that'll happen but by the time all the guests arrive at the haldi ceremony my perfectly executed plan will take place without any hassle. I change into my golden brown sherwani and head downstairs to find all my friends and family gathered together for the ceremony. In a few hours Vedika and her family will arrive as well. That means I'll have to leave right now and get her and come back. After taking blessings from all the elders I get out the house by the back door. I let Veer and Ranbir know that I'll be outside so that they can cover for me.

In about thirty minutes I reached her dorm room and knocked on it. Instead of Neha I'm greeted by her friend Rhea. Is that alcohol I smell on her. Who even drinks in the day time? She looks as confused to see me as I look to see her.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" She asks in a groggy voice.

"Actually you can. I'm looking your friend Neha. Is she in here?" At my question she changes her stance and glares at me protectively. Hmm interesting. Little miss stubborn girl has a loyal friend. But I don't have time for all this bullshit. So I offer her my sweetest smile and chuckle and say "Relax beautiful. I don't bite. I'm Neha's friend."

"Bullshit. She doesn't have any other friend other than me and Nidhi."

"Looks like you don't know your friend that well as you claim to be. You see your friend was out with me the entire day yesterday. You can call her up and ask her." And she does exactly that. After a few questions she nods and disconnects the call. She then tells me that Neha is at a nearby cafe. I don't wait for what she wants to say and straight way leave to get Neha.

I arrive at the cafe and observe her from the window outside. She's reading a book and is having her regular cappuccino. Her soft, pink dusted cheeks, her rosy lips, her big, brown eyes, she looks beautiful even without the pretentious makeup. I chuckle at her choice of book. She's reading "The Antichrist". She's a Nietzsche fan through and through. She doesn't notice me until I take a seat opposite her. She then lifts her head and her eyes widen upon seeing me. She clears her throat and puts her book down so that her entire attention falls on me.

"What are you doing here? Rhea said that you wanted to meet me?" She asks in that sweet voice of hers.

"I want you to come to my house for a party. As my date."

"What kind of a party?"

"The kind you don't need to know about."

"How am I suppose to go if you don't tell where we're going?"

"It's very rare someone gets an invitation from Ahaan Malhotra. You shouldn't miss the opportunity. Don't worry, I don't bite."

"Don't bite my ass. I have the marks to prove you wrong."