Chapter 9 "Sweet memories back or nightmares"

You know those signs that you get that today's going to be a bad day, that's the feeling I got when I woke up today

You know those signs that you get that today's going to be a bad day, that's the feeling I got when I woke up today. I woke up covered in a blanket and I knew Ahaan put it on me. But I couldn't find him. I searched the entire cottage and he was nowhere to be found. That's the thing I hate about Ahaan. He comes into my life without any permission and leaves just like that. And in the beginning I was liking it but now that I've gotten to know him a little this habit of him disappearing is infuriating. Ahaan's a mystery that one can only unravel when they're inside his mind. Otherwise it's impossible to figure him out.

I don't wait for him to come back. I take my car and drive back to the uni. The girls must've been worried sick about me. Why do I turn into an irresponsible person when I'm with him? I reach the dorm by 6 AM. The girls are still asleep so I don't wake them up and head for a shower. Within a minute the hot water pumps throughout my body and relaxes the tense muscles in my body. I soak in the feeling of the hot water beating down on me. I get out of the shower and do my hair. That's when I hear a huge bang on the door. I startle and the hairbrush falls from my hand. I quickly compose myself, put on some clothes and start walking towards the door. Thank god the girls are still asleep. My hand trembles slightly before latching onto the door handle. I peep into the hole on the door and look out to see who it is. What the hell? What is he doing here? He bangs on the door again and I open it this time.

"Umm hi Rohan. How have you been?" It's so awkward seeing him here. I haven't seen him in years. I wonder why he came here. Then the next he does shocks me. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me so tightly that it suffocates me a bit.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay Neha? I got a call from your parents saying that you were missing. I was worried sick about you. And you didn't pick up your phone."

I should've known my overprotective parents would do something reckless if I don't pick up their calls. Why did they have to call Rohan out of all the people in this world? They know that we've not been in contact for over two years. Plus his hugs are so creepy. YOU DIDN'T THINK AHAAN'S HUGS WERE CREEPY. I shush that voice in my head and try to explain everything to him without being awkward. I leave out the part about Ahaan because I don't want him to think that I'm crazy for wanting to spend time with the person who hurt me again and again. Rohan used to be one of my those friends who stays awake with me all night and listens to my rubbish. But then we grew apart and barely stayed in contact. And once I moved into uni we haven't talked at all. This is the first time I've seen him. I don't know if he's concern for me right now is fake or real. He does look like shit so maybe he was worried about me. Although I'm conversing with Rohan my mind keeps going back to last night. It was one of the best nights of my life. I cheeks heat up when I remember our kiss. It was so consuming. The world started to spin around me. If he hadn't held me tight then I would've fallen to the ground. The worst part is that if it was somebody else that would've kissed me then I wouldn't have liked it as much as I liked his kiss. He looked so good in casuals. If I thought he looked good in formals then I was wrong. He looked even better in a casual black hoodie and jeans. He smelled of masculine cologne and cognac. He tasted like a fantasy. He looked amazing with kissable lips and a sharp jawline. No man should be this good looking. The way he left hickeys all over my neck and kissed savagely as if he was meant to kiss me. God! What has happened to you Neha? Since when do you fantasise about such things in your head?