Chapter 7 "Mr. Malhotra why the big blunder"

I should've known something wrong would happen the moment Ahaan dragged me out of the coffee shop

I should've known something wrong would happen the moment Ahaan dragged me out of the coffee shop. I was foolish to believe that he is sweet. I was foolish to believe that we had a connection. He was freaking engaged and yet he kissed me! He made me the other woman. He made me a cheater. I feel terrible about everything that happened in the haldi ceremony. It was embarrassing for me and then he had the guts to ask me why I was upset! By the time I booked a cab and started getting away from his house I was furious and annoyed. But I don't let my tears loose. I'll never be that woman who cries for men.

When I reach the dorm the lights are out that means Rhea and Nidhi have gone to the party and haven't come back. Thank god they aren't here otherwise they would demand an explanation of everything that happened today. I can't believe I actually fell for that idiot. Maybe I should take a break and go back home. I've not taken a break in a long time.  Maybe if I go back home then I'll be able to rediscover myself. These thoughts are really messing up my mind. I need to go somewhere else where I can be alone. I need to get out of here before the girls arrive.

I take a quick shower and then do my makeup in the vanity. The marks he left on me are fading. I finish my makeup and get out of the room. I don't know where I'll go but I need to be away from everyone and everything. So I take my car and drive far away from the uni.

**************************

I don't know where I am but it's far away from the uni because I've been driving for almost four hours straight. I park in front of what looks like an abandoned cottage in a nearby lake. I shiver after getting out of the car. Shit! I absolutely forgot to carry a jacket. Plus the darkness is really scaring me. I put on the torch light on my mobile phone and start walking towards the cottage. The cottage is pretty rusty and the furnitures are broken. It's so dusty in here looks like someone's not been here in a long time. The only thing that looks in tact are the white curtains. I spot a staircase that leads to the first floor. I slowly take the stairs and it creaks under my foot. Even some of the stairs are broken. The first thing I spot once I reach the floor is a big library which decorated with fine wooden shelves and chairs with Italian leather. The books on the shelf are mostly special editions. The dimly lit candles decorate the entire library. There is a small round table between the two chairs. On the table there is an old compass, a watch, a glass of cognac and the book I'm currently reading "The antichrist" in a special edition cover. Then I realise the books on the shelf are mostly books of Agatha Christie, Nietzsche and Shakespeare. Hmm interesting choice of books for someone. After taking a tour of the library I slowly exit the library and move on to the next room which looks like someone's bedroom. There's only a bed and a study table. And a guitar hangs from the wall. I don't know this person who lives here but I'm starting to like this person. There's nothing much to discover in this room so I move on to the next room which is a art studio. I look at the paintings and there's so much dept in each of the paintings. The paintings are mostly painted in shades of black, white and grey. There's one particular painting that caught my eye. It's a painting of angels and demons clashing together. Which basically convinces you to choose a side. Do you want to be good or evil? The way the painting has been painted it's raw passion really would make anyone's head turn. Whether you're into art or not doesn't matter because these paintings in this studio are amazing. No that's an understatement these paintings are masterpieces and should be exhibited in a gallery. After taking a good look at all the art pieces I exit the studio and come back downstairs. That's when I realise that I trespassed into an unknown person's house. I quickly get out of the cottage and am greeted with a generous amount of rain. The rain's so heavy that I'm soaked within seconds. Just when I was planning to drive back I hear some distant noise.