Chapter 3 "Under the sunset sky"

I wake up startled by a nightmare

I wake up startled by a nightmare. Sweat trickles down the slope of my breast and I'm breathing harshly through my nose and mouth. I try to get up as slowly as possible so that Nidhi doesn't wake up. Then I tiptoe around the dorm and check on Rhea. As usual she is in a deep slumber. I look up at the wall clock and see the time. Holy shit! It's 8:30 already. We're definitely going to miss our first periods.

I quickly take a shower and look at myself in the mirror. What the? Did that asshole just leave a hickey on my neck? I quickly put on a scarf because the concealer wasn't working and wake up both the girls. Nidhi got ready for her classes and Rhea decided to stay back to recover from her headache. After break I went to the bathroom to freshen up. Just when I was about to get my books from my dorm room I hit a wall, or so I thought. I groaned in pain and looked up. To my horror it was the same boy that I saw last night in the backyard. My lower lip trembles slightly before I set them in a line and move at least ten feet away from him.

"You? What the hell are you doing here?! Have you come here to ruin today's day as well? Wasn't yesterday's party enough for you? And why pray tell are you wearing formals right now? You know what, never mind. You don't need to answer because I don't care. But just know that if you are here to "punish me" then it's not happening." I gasp for air after my word vomit.

"Morning sweetheart. You have an awful lot of questions for someone who doesn't care about me. And as much as I've missed you I'm not here for you. By the way why'd you run away last night? I thought we were just getting started on our fun." He smirks and continues. "We can still continue if you want. Let's go to your dorm. I hope your roommates aren't there."

"Just shut up! We're at a uni. Don't you have the slightest manners being an Indian."

"How did you know I am Indian?" He asks with a slight amusement.

I cross my arms and say with a slight smirk "It takes one to know one." Take that asshole. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine? But instead of backing off like a normal human being, the smirk on his face widens before he lets out a small chuckle. He stalks towards me with deliberate strides and stands a breath away from me. When I attempt to get away he traps me in with both of his hands slammed into the wall near my ears. Then he proceeds to slide his gaze all the way down to my legs. He stops for a moment with his gaze on my chest. I look down to find two of my shirt's button undone. My cheeks heat and I swallow for a moment after seeing the hunger in his eyes. Then his gaze slowly returns to my face and we look back at each other with a heated gaze. It's like our eyes are saying a whole another story.

"You know, you're not like the other girls who fall at my feet to get a silver of my attention." Wow! The arrogance of this asshole could reach the sky. "I came here to check on my brother but you know what I changed my mind. Come on, you're going with me." He says before tugging me along with him. For a moment I don't react, think or even blink. Only when we've exited the uni hallway do I come out of my haze.

"Let me go! What the hell do you think you're doing? Let me go or I'll scream the whole place down." I say struggling against his hold. The more I struggle the harder he tightens his hold on my hand. He tightens his hold to an extent where I wince out of pain. "Ow! You're hurting me."

"Then stay fucking still. Relax I'm not kidnapping you. I'm just taking you to a ride with me."

"What makes you think I want to go on a ride with you? You have zero amount of decency in your mind. Is this the way you treat every girl? Who even asks a girl to go on a ride like this?"

"Me. And I didn't ask you, I informed you. And I want you to remember something I'm not a decent person. I'm anything but decent." The way he said this line with a calm threat made me shudder. And before I knew we reached his car and he tucked me into the passenger seat. When he was about to put on my seatbelt I snatched it from his hand and put it on myself.

"I can put it on myself thank you very much." To which he gives me a glare and moves to the driver's seat. After he puts on his seatbelt he gives me a glance and mutters under his breath "stubborn girl" to which I narrow my eyes on him and he just shrugs. Then he revs the car towards the opposite direction of the uni. We continue in silence for about five minutes until I can't take it anymore.

"Where are we going?" I ask him but he doesn't reply for a long time until I think that he's going to ignore me. But then he answers me with a clam voice.

"We're going to a park."

"A park? Seriously? You know there's a park right beside the university. We could've just went there."

"This one is a special park. Don't worry I won't hurt you yet. I just want to spend some time with you."

I scoff. "You want to spend some time with me? Don't you have girls falling at your feet. Why me? We don't even know each other. We just met last night."

"You're different than the other girls Neha. I want to get to know you better. Our meeting last night was quite interesting but I was in a bad mood. I apologise for my behaviour last night."

I forgave him and we drove in silence. For some reason I felt safe around him. So I fell asleep in the car.

***********

The sound of children playing and birds chirping wakes me up. I slowly open my eyes and blink in my surroundings. That's when I realised that we reached the park. I saw the time and it's 4:30. Wow! The park is really far. Holy shit I slept for 3hrs! That's a first. Normally I get sleep only on some days. I suffer from insomnia. He gets out of the driver's seat and comes out towards my side to open my door. I get out of the car and see the view. Wow! It's mesmerising. I can tell why he said that it's a special park.

"Thank god you're finally awake. I thought I'd have to carry you out of the car." He looks at me with a weird expression.

"What? Is something wrong? I ask checking myself in the rear view mirror.

He shakes his head then holds out his hand for me. I take it and we walk together towards the park. We both walk in silence for a long time but after that my legs started paining. He took us to a near by bench and we talk a little about our likes and dislikes. I suddenly saw an ice cream stand out of the corner of my eye. I asked him if we could get some and he nodded and left to order ice cream for the both of us.

I waited for him until some time before I got bored and walked to a place where people were gathered. A few beautiful Indian girls were dancing on the stage. I saw it for a little while and got lost to the rhythm of the music before I remembered to get back to the bench before he returns.

Just as I was leaving I bumped into someone.