Chapter 2 "The Halloween party"

A full body shudder goes through me at his words and it takes everything in me to remain standing and not fall to the ground

A full body shudder goes through me at his words and it takes everything in me to remain standing and not fall to the ground. He slowly removes his hand from my throat and wraps his other arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I can smell his strong masculine cologne and it makes delirious. His hot breaths tickle my ear before he bites down hard on the shell of my ear. The force of his bite makes me jolt. Then he licks the spot and moves down my neck leaving a trail of kisses behind and bites down on my collarbone.

I don't know why I'm allowing him to touch me like this. If anyone else had touched like this the next day I would send him to jail. Hell my mama and papa would fly over and come to the States immediately to beat the shit out of that guy but for some reason I feel a weird connection with him. He slowly releases me and moves back and leans on a tree. He folds his sleeves and crosses his legs and looks at me with a gleam in his eyes.

"I swear to fuck Neha if you don't accept my punishment then I'm going to do something that you're going to regret."

I gasp surprised HOW THE HELL DOES HE KNOW MY NAME! " How-howw do youu know my name?" I stammered. Why the hell did I stammer? I never stammered before in my life.

"You're kind of famous around here for being the sidekick of Nidhi Shah. How come I've heard so much about you and yet I never saw you? I suppose you don't like to socialise with others but you are a loyal friend to Nidhi so you stay in the background."

"How do you know that? I might like all the attention I get."

"No you don't. You just said you felt claustrophobic inside and ran out here with your face paled. Plus I never like being in the limelight as well. It takes one to know one." He says nonchalantly.

"Who are you? You know my name so it's only fair that I get to know your name."

He frowns. "You seriously don't know my name. How do you expect me to believe that? How do I know that you're not one of those attention seeking whores or escorts that I fuck on a regular basis?"

His words rage me out but before I could say something I heard some voices in the distance. Before things could escalate I flipped my hair which is a confidence technique taught by Rhea, stared down at him and said in my most confidence voice

"Listen asshole, I stayed quiet because I thought you were drunk but then I realised that you're sober. So listen to what I'm saying carefully. I'm Neha Goenka and NOBODY in this world tells me what to do! And pray to god that I don't see you tomorrow otherwise I'll make your life hell!"

With that I flip him my middle finger and smile so sweetly and turn around to get back to the party.

I spotted Rhea near the bar and she was pretty much wasted. I practically dragged her out of the house and put her in the backseat of the car and snap her seatbelt in place. Then I go back inside to get Nidhi but she's nowhere to be seen. Pata nahi ye dono ladki kya kya karti rehti hain. (God knows what these two girls keep on doing) I seriously need to lock them up in our dorm. Then I suddenly sensed some movement out of the corner of my eye and turned my head around and saw Nidhi coming down the stairs two at a time with a flushed and scared look on her face. God! What is happening to us tonight? Looks like Halloween finally started to feel like Halloween.

Nidhi's body relaxes upon seeing me and she takes my hand in hers then we both run out of the house. Nidhi seats in the passenger seat and I drive out of the house. Nidhi shakes like a leaf. So I stopped near a Starbucks and got us some warm cappuccino with her favourite chocolate cookie. I could tell something was bothering her but I didn't ask her about it because unlike the image she paints to the world, me and Rhea we both know that out of the three of us Nidhi is the most secretive one. After having our coffees we drive back to our dorm room. Rhea was fast asleep so we both had to carry her in. I kept a painkiller beside her bedside table and bucket under her bed like always. Rhea gets drunk very frequently although she's not an alcoholic.

I take a quick shower and do my night routine before going to bed. Just when I was about to switch off the lights Nidhi walks into my room. She looks so vulnerable right now. I just wanted to comfort her.

She says in her soft voice. "Hey can I sleep with you tonight? Please. I'll explain everything to you when the time is right."

"Of course you can sleep with me. Come here. Don't worry you don't need to explain to me anything. Just sleep. We will talk in the morning. Goodnight."

With that we both get to bed but neither of us fall asleep until after midnight as I keep thinking about him and Nidhi keeps thinking about what happened at the party.