1

Silvery moonlight streamed through the panes of the window, and her black saree lay a few feet away from the grey carpet as their soft moans filled the room. Hours later as Arnav gazed at Khushi softly snoring on his chest covered in nothing but the throw, his heart filled. The knowledge that Khushi gave in to their love, and trusted him despite how conservative her upbringing was and the kind of relationship they shared, made him fall in love and respect her now more than ever and he promised to himself to never let her down and to always cherish their relationship.

His understanding of marriage is still strained and tainted and to be fully honest he didn't fully know if he was actually ready to take the step right now. He himself hasn't recovered from the kind of trauma that he went and put even Khushi through in the last 6 months, but he decided, he can never let Khushi go through more pain or humiliation or character assassination from her or his family or even society.

She went through enough for a lifetime.

She never deserved that.

Never.

And the fact that he was the sole reason for what she went through sometimes made him question if he even deserved her forgiveness. What has he done to earn her forgiveness? The amount of love, care, kindness, and compassion she has shown toward him in such a short amount of time, twisted things in him like never before. All that pent-up anger, resentment, and frustration that he had accumulated in his heart for the last decade somehow disappeared and were replaced by gratitude, love, and a renewed desire to live.

Deep down he was aware if he could have it his way, he would wait for a few more months or maybe even years before he would marry Khushi in a way she actually deserved - with him committing to marriage him believing in the institution of it. But society, its conservative, orthodox nature, his family, her family, and on some level - maybe Khushi too wanted it now.

So, he decided, he can deal with his internal issues with marriage later, he can't let Khushi down now.

Anyway, weren't they married already anyway? So, what difference would it make? Despite the circumstances, he knew, now or 10 years later, if he were to get married and make a lifetime commitment - he would do it with Khushi and only her. So, he smiled as he caressed her face and slipped a strand of her hair behind her ear as he kissed soft lips. They kissed. He kissed Khushi. Made love to her. He dreamt of that for so long and now that it finally happened, he felt, his heart would burst with happiness.

Tomorrow. They are going to be together. Forever.