4

Khushi was still in shock at what happened. Her mind only kept playing and replaying all the sweetest moments she had spent with Arnav in the last few weeks. All the dreams of the life she wanted to build with Arnav seemed like nothing but a sweet forbidden dream now. She didn't dare ask Garima what the truth is, for she feared what the truth could do to her. She needed Arnav now, right now. She wanted to hug him and hide in his strong arms, she needed to hold his hands as she faces the world.

Everything felt empty without him and she knew he would be feeling the exact same way wherever he is, she wanted to hold him, hug him, comfort him, and hide him from all the pain and hurt that Dadi's words might have caused him.

Anjali and Payal kept patting her back and made her drink water, but she could not muster not a single word out of her mouth. She held her phone tight but didn't dare call him, she kept her eyes focused on the door entrance but didn't dare hope he would walk him from there.

"I want him. Only him.", she kept chanting in her head.

NK had been constantly trying Arnav's number and even informed the police to search for him. Aman, his manager who knew Arnav's in and out didn't know where he is either.

The phone in her hand buzzed and with one glance at it, Khushi finally let out a relieved breath she didn't know she had been holding on. Anjali who was sitting right beside her, saw the name flashing on the phone noticed the tears sliding down from Khushi's face and comforted her and answered the call for her, and put it on speaker.

"Khushi...I ..I am sorry. Woh, mein..I,", Arnav started and Khushi and Anjali burst out into loud sobs that worried Arnav.

"Where are you haan? I told you not to make me wait, not today!", Khushi yelled and Arnav smiled on the other side.

At least she didn't think he left her, she didn't think he didn't want to marry her. She didn't give in to Dadi's words.

"Khushi..I..I am sorry. I ...I met with a small accident.", he said and Khushi's heart dropped to the pit of her stomach.

The fear that he left her was instantly replaced with fear for him.

"Where are you? What happened? When did this happen? Where did you get hurt?", she bombarded him with questions getting on her feet and pacing.

NK, Anjali who got worried seeing Khushi, took the phone from her.

"Dadi...she said all that. I promise it doesn't matter to me, Khushi. I was on my way to the wedding hall. Trust me. I was on my way but this happened. I am at Sunrise Hospitals – CP.", he informed in a rush.

"What? Okay, we will be there.", Khushi looked at Anjali and NK who nodded and NK already had keys in his hands.

"Jiji, you please look after Amma.", Khushi informed Payal and looked at Garima who folded her hands at Khushi in sorry Khushi didn't know what to say, but nodded her head in understanding and left.

x-

The moment when they looked at each other, they felt as if time froze and the earth stopped revolving. All that needs to be said was said through their eyes. They knew neither of them had given up on each other nor ever will.

Khushi was in Arnav's arms the next moment, hugging him tight and gently caressing the bandaged wound on his head.

"I am sorry.", Arnav whispered only for Khushi to put a finger on his lips from saying anything further. She got all the assurance she needed and all the warmth and peace he was missing since morning was back in his arms.

NK and Anjali took care of medical formalities while also informing the family of Arnav's whereabouts and the accident. Though they were worried, they were also relieved when Anjali herself told them that he is good and will be discharged soon.