13

Later that day, Khushi visited the farmland and also met her father's childhood friend – Harshadbhai who lived in the very same village and was looking at the affairs of the land after renting it out to a local farmer. They had about 15 acres of land and they were growing jowar in that land for the current season. He reminisced his own memories with her father and Khushi felt a little bit closer to her father that day. He said he didn't have much contact with Khushi's mother's side of the family and had deposited the money from farmland's savings in the local post office's fixed deposit on her father's name.

He mentioned that his son, Anmol who was a little bit older than Khushi has recently graduated from IIM A and is now working for an MNC in Mumbai, and his daughter, Radha is now preparing for Civils in Delhi. He seemed very proud of both of his children and Khushi for a brief moment wondered what she would have been doing had her parents been alive too.

"We live in Delhi too, please give me her address, I will go meet her some time and she could come stay with us during holidays too", Khushi said and Harshadbhai nodded with a smile.

"Your father had big dreams for you and he would be very proud of you.", he said and Khushi gave a tight-lipped smile and enjoyed the local delicacies.

She was very happy with the outcomes of today. She felt very grateful to Harshad Bhai for saving all that money and putting them in a fixed deposit at least. She was really grateful that such high-morale, kind-hearted people still existed in society. She didn't expect them to be much but they were something at least. Maybe she could use them to renovate the house before mortgaging that, she thought and gave the details of that to Yash and informed the same Arnav during her call in the night.

"That's great Khushi. FD is not a great form of saving money. Money grows when you invest but it's great nonetheless.", he said and she smiled too.

"I thought the same. Amma and Babuji always said my parents had property but that will only go to me for my future, but I wish they used all of this instead for other things now..", Khushi said after a thought.

"We all could have lived a much better life Arnavji.", she continued when he didn't say anything but just listened to her.

"May be they didn't want to make it seem like they took you in for your money. They wanted to treat you like they did Payal.", Arnav said after a while and Khushi hummed, but she still felt, her Amma and Babuji should have used this money. They wouldn't have had such financial crisis for Payal's wedding.

"It's no use thinking of the past Khushi.."

"You do what you think is best ..", Arnav said and Khushi smiled.

"I don't know Arnavji...I mean I want to start the business, I wanted to sell the house but now I want to keep it, I don't know how much money there will be in that FD and then I saw the farmlands today Arnavji..they are so big, as far I can see with my eyes, such lush and vibrant green foliage on brown soil. I just fell in love with them.", she said sounding so dream like.

"I want to visit there again, this time with you.", she said and he smiled. He wanted to be with her too.

"And the food, Tara chachi specially made Dal Dhokli for me. So yummy. She even packed some for me for the night.", and Arnav smiled on the other side.

"I spoke to Yash and the cleaners will be there tomorrow and day after tomorrow. You figure out the FD and the transfer of property with Yash tomorrow and I will be there day after tomorrow. We can visit a few places and I will return back on Monday.", he said.

"You will visit me day after tomorrow?", Khushi asked with a sequel.

"Of course I would. It is Sunday and we – have some unfinished business between us, don't we?', he slyly remarked and Khushi blushed.