8

Anjali finally returned to her room after a long tiring day, the day took a lot out of her, all she wanted to cry, throw away all the things and burn the world if she could and that scared her. Her usual response to unfavourable circumstances was sadness but this time all she could feel was anger, anger towards Shyam, not its not anger anymore, it was burning rage, she wanted to kill him with her own two bare hands. Then there was anger towards her own self, how did she turn so blind towards all that was happening around her. That man time and again tried to kill her, ruined her family, kidnapped her brother and there she was sneaking and meeting him.
She so fucking hated herself. Tears of anger and helplessness pooled through her eyes and she cried uncontrollably slumping down in a corner. Looking around in her room, every nook and corner which once contained sweet memories only brough disgust now.

She wanted to burn this room down.

"I hate you.", she yelled looking at the portrait of her and Shyam on the wall behind her bed and as soon as she said that she realised she didn't only the Shyam in it but the Anjali in it too.

She can't. She can't be this person anymore. She just can't.

Sitting down on her bed, she painfully took a couple of deep breaths and wiped her tears down.

The damage Shyam did to her has to end. It had to had to end.

It was going to be hard but she is going to do it, she decided.

Calling HP to bring a huge suitcase to her room, she started taking out all her essentials and valuables and packed them in the suitcase and asked HP to clean up the guest room for her.

She was not over this chapter in her life, its going to take some time but in the meantime she can't be staying her in the same place either. She needs to rebuild herself.

Baby steps for now.

Later that night, she asked a bored NK if he would accompany her to a dinner outside and they did have some real fun and some real conversations that night where he suggested if she would like to get some therapy after all that was a very traumatic experience and she said she would think about it.

.~*~.

A week passed since Payal and Khushi came to Laxmi Nagar and while Khushi made elaborate plans on how they are going to start their sweet shop business, Payal who discussed this with Akash on the phone started having second thoughts.

While Akash didn't per se disapprove of their idea, he said it was too small and if they really wanted to do this, why not do something better, plan it better, and invest in something with the better return of interest. He did seem like he had some better ideas but didn't mention any at the moment but said he will think and get back to her and they can discuss this further when he comes to pick her up today.

When Akash said he was going to pick up Payal today, Arnav who was generally visiting Khushi in the morning before leaving to the office every other day decided he will accompany him and was stunned when he got to know about her plans in regards to starting the shop again.

He was angry first, but as minutes passed by, it only turned into hurt.

By the time they reached Laxmi Nagar, Khushi was in the veranda playing blindfold with the kids in the neighbourhood. While Akash waved at Payal who was standing at the porch and stepped in, Arnav stood in one corner and watched her trying to find the kids and failing miserably at that. Pearls of laughter erupted in his stomach looking at her state as she struggled to grasp anyone as they kept escaping her with just a hair gap.

"Arnavji..", Khushi sensing him removed her blind and looked around to find him laughing at her and was once again mesmerised seeing him laugh. Why does he look so handsome laughing like that. She wanted to frame each of his smiles.