Chapter Five

Happy reading guys!!

I've got an explosion of ideas and can't wait to write them out.
I just need the time to get it out lol
(and when the heck was RoTB Optimus so damn good looking XD)

Go forth and read my friends!!
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Optimus inspected the offline mechs engaged weapon. Alpha Trion standing beside him a little ways off.

The Prime glanced up and looked over at Koda who was on the other side of the table, "How can you eat while in front of an offline mech?"

The femme raised a servo in defense, her other servo holding a container which held the baked alfredo which she had grabbed before they left, "Hey, I'm eating for three here. They've yet to show, but are here! I'm hungry, and I wasn't going to let this good aft meal get cold! Gosh it's just amazing!" She grumbled as she rubbed her optics, "I'm tired, Primus I'm exhausted. But here we are, why?! Because we're the fragging Guardians of Cybertron and can't live a simple nice life! But, it's all fine."

The two mechs cast one another a nervous look before returning to their observation.

Alpha Trion remained a few pedesteps back from the table, allowing Optimus to fully inspect the offline flier in front of him, "I did not intend for this to happen today Koda. I had thought it would be alright," The older mech spoke quietly.

"It's all good."

Some dried, green and teal Energon lay on the table. It would leave a stain...

The mech, limbs limp, and easy to move despite their weight. His frame was now dull, having lost its shine. The black was now seen as a very, very dark forest green.

Its helm was half there, thanks to Bumblebee's attack. However, Sideswipe's blades had done much more damage. Then again he had offlined this unknown mech.

"His weapons are much more advanced than our own," Optimus hummed as he inspected the mech's right forearm carefully. The gun was engaged and with a bit of a closer look, the blade seemed to be attached to the blaster itself.

Koda nodded as she grabbed a few noodles with her fork, "Yet he didn't seem to even know he had them. And if he did then he chose not to use them. Which doesn't make sense, he sounded like he was out for blood."

"From what he said it seems that way. Why do you think he did not fight you as hard as he could?"

The femme's faceplates went serious not even a astrosecond later, "I don't know and don't care at the moment. He was after three mechs and I wanted to keep them safe. Not much time for questions if you ask me."

Over the course of the next joor, the three Cybertronians found only small clues. The mech's memory chip had been burnt to a crisp, his records were lost to the stars.

However...

Tracing along the back of the offline mech's neck cables, Optimus' dark gray digits fell over a small bump. He traced over it a few times, noting that it would move slightly. Carefully he grabbed the small item and pulled it out. A small crack was heard and the red and blue mech's azure optics narrowed slightly.

Koda looked over at her mate to see him holding a small chip between his thumb and index digit. It was about the size of his digit tip.

Gently placing it down on the table he hummed, "Perhaps this would best be looked into by Wheeljack. Knowing that he has seen or worked with chips that alter one's thoughts or memories."

From the side Alpha Trion nodded, "I believe you are correct. It would be wrong to tamper with such a small piece of technology if we had the mech to assist us."