The Bite of '87

Cindy was tired.

She was forced into this new mechanical body - one where she couldn't feel anything but pain.

And did she feel pain - everyday, the kids would put their grubby little fingers on her, taking her apart and putting her back together.

She had done everything she could to get away from them - even climbing on the ceiling and in the vents.

But they always managed to drag her back and ruin her all over again.

The employees had taken to calling her 'The Mangle.'

It suited her, she supposed.

But there was one positive to her new existence.

There was another person, with her - her only companion.

It was Evan. The crybaby that she had bullied for fun once. The boy who had been killed over a stupid prank by his own older brother.

All he had done since she had gotten here was cry.

It was starting to get annoying.

Everything was starting to build up - the torture the children had inflicted on her throughout the week, the constant sobs of Evan, and the numbness welling up inside of her.

So when she saw a nightguard, with the exact same purple vest that her murderer had worn on her death date - she couldn't contain herself.

He seemed to be asking for it - getting closer to her than usual.

"Evan," She had said from within their shared consciousness. "Look - it's my killer! Let's get revenge!"

Before Evan could even retaliate, she had already swung down from the ceiling, opening her mouth and taking a chunk out of the man's head.

She stayed there for a moment - savoring in her success.

She could hear customers gasp - and hear someone shouting to call the ambulance.

The others - Samantha, Spencer, Caleb, and Jake - froze from their position on the stage.

And for the very first time, Evan was completely quiet.