Their Protector

"Sh, it's okay Charlie," Susie said, gently rubbing the shoulder of the black bear.

"She can't hear us, y'know," Gabriel grumbled.

The five souls were all gathered around the shiny animatronic, whom they knew had Charlie trapped inside.

Ever since their killer had died and dismantled their previous vessels, they had nowhere to go.

They had attached themselves onto the person who had protected them for all of these years, who had given them life.

Charlie.

Susie winced once she heard the telltale sound of Charlie being shocked again. She could feel it too - it was abrupt and painful.

They all heard the sounds of the other animatronics in the other rooms - one was soft yet deadly, another gleeful and obnoxiously loud, and the final painfully familiar - belonging to the man they thought they had killed.

Fritz, being as brave as he was, had wanted to find a way to break into the room he was being held in. Get rid of him once and for all.

Jeremy disagreed. As much as he wanted William to rot in hell, he was tired. Tired of seeking revenge. Tired of not being able to rest. 

He doubted that they would even be able to do anything - they couldn't the last time they were spirits. And he didn't think that William would fall for the same trick.

Cassidy also disagreed. But for an entirely different reason. She wanted William alive. She wanted to torture him, to make him suffer just as he made him suffer. 

Jeremy could see where he was coming from - his death had been the most brutal out of all of theirs.

Cassidy was forcefully placed into that old Fredbear suit, and then springlocked as William poured water on it. Her screaming went on for 5 minutes before it finally stopped.

Still, Jeremy couldn't see the point. So what if William was tortured? It still wouldn't make up fpr all the pain that he had caused others. For every one of the lives he's taken.

In times like these, Jeremy couldn't help but remember what Charlie had said to him one time after he had said that he wanted nothing more than to kill William.

"Do not let his hate spread to you - you can all find peace. Warmth. There is nothing but darkness for him."

Jeremy has never been superstitious. But for now, he will choose to believe in fate.

Just this once.