Shadows

Once upon a time, there was a pitch-black rabbit.

This rabbit was identical to another rabbit - a bright blue one, who shone in the spotlight.

The rabbit didn't mind this, instead preferring to help his friends in getting revenge on a very mean man who had done very bad things to them.

The rabbit and his friends were unfortunately very forgetful - and so they assumed everyone whom was even the slightest shade of purple was the very mean man. This resulted in a lot of.. misfortunes.

But, after years of hunting the very mean man down, the rabbit and his friends eventually got their revenge.

Even after they had succeded in their quest for vengeance, they couldn't seem to move on, their hatred still keeping them from doing so.

But, after a long journey that involved digging up lost memories, the rabbit's friends were finally able to move on and left for greener pastures.

The rabbit was left alone. He could not follow his friends - for he was different from them. They were all organic creatures. He was - well, a shadow.

Still, the rabbit continued to protect his friends. He guarded the things that they had left behind with his life, even if some thieves were too skilled for him to keep up with.

Eventually, a bigger threat was formed. A threat that was a carbon copy of the very mean man, but stronger and mindless. A threat that the rabbit could not bring himself to ignore.

In order to combat the new threat, a couple of people crafted a scarecrow to contain it.

The rabbit infected the scarecrow with its shadowy essence - pouring itself into it, shaping it from a seemingly regular scarecrow to a black bunny, not unlike itself.

The rabbit would take down the new threat, and make sure it would not hurt anybody else. Not on its watch.