♤ Hotel shenanigans ♤

A/N: I'm doing like half of this while I'm at an 8 hour rehearsal HELP ME
ALSO THERE ARE GONNA BE SOME DRUNK OBJECTS
Important note: This is set right before III

-

Paper walked up the path to Hotel OJ, his circular glasses sitting neatly on his slightly creased body. They had a black rim, with golden strings connecting and wrapping around the holes he had on the side in a neat knot. In his arm, he was carrying a blue bag, with various items in them. A tuft of confetti was glued to his head, most likely by him.

As he stopped at Hotel OJ's doors, there was music coming from the inside, muffled by the walls. Lights of various colours beamed out of the windows, and Paper didn't even bother to knock. Just opened the door.

Beyond him, there was various banners hanging from the ceiling. Some had pen scribbled all over them, in a sort of chaotic way, while some read words like 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'. Even though Paper was assistant manager of OJ hotel, he didn't know whose birthday it was. It most certainly wasn't his, as his birthday wasn't this day. In fact, it was around 4 months ago.

However, his thoughts were instantly answered as he spotted a blue glow from around the corner. Mephone4 sat against the table, smiling half-drunkenly, his screen dimmer than usuall. He sat right next to OJ, who was trying to comfort the host in some way. OJ spotted Paper, immediately waving. Mephone4 in response waved back slowly and groggily.

"Oookay, Mephone4, I think that's enough partying for you." The citrus glass tried to get the phone to move. "How about a rest at my hotel? Free stay for eveyone!"

Mephone4 looked like he was... loading? His smile creased a little more. "Okay..." The blue phone slowly stood up, OJ carrying him to the stairs. "Uhm, the toilets are there, and..." Paper couldn't hear OJ's voice anymore as he went up the stairs.

He realised how long he'd been standing there, deciding to walk off and put his stuff down. He looked around, deciding to approach Knife - after Mephone4 stopped the competition and put it on hiatus the four finalists had been hanging out here, in Hotel OJ. "Heya Sharpie!" Knife growled a little. "DON'T call me that, crrrrrease-face!" Venom laced his voice. "Though, if you want to talk, I don't mind. It's been a while, eh?"

"Sure!" Paper adjusted his glasses, leaning on the wall as the two talked.

"How's Hotel OJ? I've missed this place a lot- being in a competition and sleeping for months and months without end does have a big impact on you - well, not me of course."

Paper gestures towards a door. "I've been assistant manager of the hotel, with OJ, of course. He treats all of us really kindly, especially when he runs the complaint desk! Though, I wouldn't recommend running it myself."

Knife nodded, with a grunt of agreement. "I've seen lines of objects lining up to complain. OJ must be doing loads and loads for us. What a guy." He pointed up, to where OJ was taking care of a drunk Mephone4.

"Yeah, you're right." Paper picked up a champagne glass, pouring a bottle of Dr fizz into it. Knife looked at Paper, confused. "You're using a champagne glass for Dr fizz??" Knife questioned the sheet of paper as he drank the glass.

"Well, I don't drink alcohol, so..." Paper grabbed another glass. "Want some?" He gestured, glasses almost shining with joy.

Knife shook his head. "I'll have some later."

-

"Lightbulb, stop drinking - literally everything!!" Paintbrush yelled at their friend, who was currently downing a whole bottle of lemonade. "Well, paiiinty.." The light's voice was slow and groggy. "You're just jealous you're missing out on the fuuunnn.." She lifted up a hand, trying to high-five Paintbrush, who was wearing a non-binary scarf and had bags under their eyes. "Lightbulb, I get this is a party, but I don't want you hungover on whatever you've had tomorrow."