• 5 •

"Aside from needing a good bath, she's ready to be adopted!" The vet beamed, gently stroking the mutt on the table. She had said the owners of the dog had passed away three years ago, meaning this poor animal had been scrounging for food for a long time, it showed in her skinny stature. Chuuya was completely smitten with Arahabaki, he loved alive dogs just as much as the hellhounds in the underworld - at least the overworld dogs were fluffier. He was already planning to spend most of his pay check on this dog.

"Do you have any idea of her breed?" Chuuya asked, he couldn't help but grin ear to ear at the news that he could finally have some company in his little apartment. Grim reapers that only visited the overworld to work weren't notorious for being friendly with each other. You may of it as a high status office job, everyone is a snob and think they're above those who live in the overworld (Chuuya was one of these grim reapers up until recently with the Black Lizards).

"My guess would be a Pomeranian crossed with a Chihuahua, she's got a fox face and fluffy coat of a Pomeranian with the eyes and stature of a Chihuahua." The vet examined her teeth once more, they were a little decayed. "I'd take a guess and say she's around six to eight years of age, she's quite malnourished so you must give her some good quality food."

"Oh, don't worry, Arahabaki is going to be spoilt rotten." Chuuya gently cradled the dog in his arms. The vet giggled before turning to the very bored man idly waiting by the door.

"Your boyfriend doesn't seem too happy." Dazai cocked an eyebrow at this, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh he's not my boyfriend, he's just a twerp who keeps following me." The vet's smile faltered.

"That makes me seem like a stalker!"

"You're telling me I'm wrong?"

"Regardless of your relationship status, I'm sure Arahabaki is going to a loving home."

"If it pisses on me, I'm going to kick the shit out of it." Dazai mumbled and Chuuya stamped on his foot. The brunet gasped in pain and Arahabaki yapped in glee.

"Baki and I are going to my house, and you are going home."

"What about your bike?"

"I'll walk to work tomorrow and take it home that night, for now I'll take Baki home and order a bunch of doggy items."

"I can't believe you're going to spend money on that thing."

"Why do you hate dogs so much?"

"One pissed on me when I was younger and ruined my favourite shirt." The vet stifled a giggle, her curls bouncing as she did so. Chuuya guffawed.

"Is that where you got your piss kink from?"

"I do not have a piss kink!"

"As entertaining as this is," the vet piped up, "I do have other patients. Bring Arahabaki in for a check up next month to see how her weight gain is going." Chuuya threw her a thumbs up and walked out of the office. He paid for some food over the counter and some flea medication and shampoo and started the half hour long journey home. Dazai continued to follow him.

"Why are you still following me?! It's half five in the evening! Go to your own house." Chuuya yelled, and Arahabaki howled in agreement. He scratched behind her muddy ears. Dazai screwed his nose up.

"I just wanted to see my darling Chuuya for the last time."

"The last time?" Chuuya turned around and Dazai's eyes were dark, staring at his feet. Confusion and concern washed over Chuuya, yet also relief. The dumbass was finally going to leave him alone? He'd be able to stalk his undying weirdo until he eventually passed, like how this was supposed to go. This strange behaviour from Dazai lasted only a few seconds, before snapping back into his smirking self.