• 18 •

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING FOR SUICIDE

"What's wrong with Dazai?" Atsushi asked, watching the brunet sprint off. A few glances were thrown their way, as they had been rather tumultuous in the restaurant. Edgar and Chuuya glared at Ranpo, who had finally caught his breath and avoided all eye contact.

"Ranpo swallowed Dazai's mother's ring." Chuuya explained, annoyance rich in his voice. Ranpo slammed his head down on the table, his forehead flipping a fork upright in the air. Atsushi grimaced as the fork landed in the wine glass, Ryuunosuke tutted in disgust. He let out a loud groan.

"I don't feel too good." Ryuunosuke took a step back at this comment, and Atsushi followed suit.

"Ranpo I swear to Hell if you throw up on the food I'm going to-" All attempts to threaten Ranpo were futile, as brownish yellow vomit spewed from his mouth, all over the very expensive tablecloth.

"For hell's sake Ranpo!"

"Don't yell at him! He can't help being sick!" Edgar ran his fingers through Ranpo's unruly dark hair. A waitress immediately started to clean, grabbing a mop and disinfectant spray.

"Well maybe if he didn't eat a two decade old ring, then maybe he wouldn't have been- oh look there it is." Chuuya plucked the golden band from the gross contents of Ranpo's stomach. He snatched the disinfectant spray from the poor waitress, who looked as confused as she did sick, and coated the ring with disinfectant. After some wiping on the now heavily stained (it'll definitely be thrown away after they had left) tablecloth, he held the sparkling ring in the dim candlelight in victory. The stomach acid had hardly marked the jewellery, as scratched as it was. This will please Dazai.

"Sirs, we've received multiple complaints and we need to escort you to the exit. Please come with us quietly and don't be anymore disruptive than you have already proven to be." The manager approached, cautiously avoiding the puddle of vomit by Ranpo's feet. Chuuya held his hands in defeat and (albeit reluctantly) helped Edgar manoeuvre Ranpo to the exit. They paid by the exit, where it was safe for Ranpo to vomit and both Chuuy and Edgar tipped the waitress handsomely between them. She seemed appreciative but that soon passed when a full chunk of meat slid from the table and plopped into her clean mop bucket.

"Well that was fun." Edgar sighed, and Ranpo slowly lowered himself to the floor. He laid flat on his back, arms outstretched like a starfish and he let out another uncomfortable groan. As he did this, clouds gathered above them, grey with anger. Without much warning, the rain started to fall heavily, completely drenching the three within minutes. A whine escaped Edgar's lips as he dragged Ranpo by the feet to his Land Rover, a big car for a tall, rich man. It seemed to require little effort for Edgar to heave Ranpo into the passenger seat and the other sluggishly belted himself in. At least he can do something on his own.

"That was a terrible double date, and I hope I never have the displeasure to do it again." Chuuya shoved his hands in his pockets and scuffed his shoes against the pavement. Edgar nodded, with nothing else to add. They stood in silence until Ranpo suddenly fell forward, passing out. Edgar rolled his eyes and turned to face Chuuya.

"I'm so sorry for his actions, I hope you won't spit in our coffee when we visit the café."

"Bold of you to assume I haven't already." It was a light hearted joke, but Edgar didn't pick up on the joke part and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Regardless of this ordeal, I hope Dazai is okay. He must've walked home." He gestured to the sky blue helmet sitting on the back of Chuuya's motorcycle, right next to his own red one. "Tell him I send my regards."

"You're so formal." Chuuya chuckled, slipping his helmet over his head and mounting his motorcycle. He placed Dazai's helmet on his lap and bid Edgar goodbye before speeding off to his apartment.