• 11 •

Chuuya swerved into the restaurant parking lot, Dazai gripping his waist tighter as they became adjacent to the ground. The brunet shrieked at the sudden halt, and Chuuya removed his helmet. He shook his head, his fiery hair falling from his face. He swivelled his head, and Dazai was frozen. He still had his helmet on, and Chuuya couldn't see his expression, but he knew the fucker was smirking.

The restaurant was based outside, with only a flat roof sheltering the chairs. The seats were white, rounded armchairs sitting in front of grey marbled tables. A dainty lamp was planted in the middle to accentuate the mood. The floor was black and white tiled and there was a tall plant decorated with fairy lights based in the centre of the restaurant. The waitress took them to a table beside the railings lining the outside of the restaurant. The view was incredible, overlooking a quaint park. A hill with a singular oak tree idly waiting for someone to gaze at the sky under it. Dazai was busy fixing his helmet hair, seemingly ignoring the stares they were getting. Chuuya guessed that homosexuality was still somewhat gaped at in the twenty first century. It didn't even occur to him that such a thing existed, especially with all underworld creatures being agender and as a result, everyone loved whoever they loved with no issue. Humans were fickle beings.

Dazai's maroon eyes were almost black in the dim lighting, giving him a soulless appearance that unsettled Chuuya. He followed the guardian angel's gaze, landing on a man and woman. They were whispering behind their menus, making direct eye contact with the two males. Chuuya rolled his eyes, returning his attention to Dazai. He was expecting Dazai to remain unbothered, like he was. However, Dazai was gripping his bandaged arm tightly, and Chuuya noticed that he was piercing his skin with his nails. Blood dribbled from his arm, seeping through the bandages and dyeing it red. Chuuya softly pulled his hand away from his arm, making sure to avoid all contact with the heavenly blood.

"Forget about them, you wanted this date and I don't do things half-assed. They can stare all they want." He muttered lowly and Dazai blinked a couple times, rolling his shirt sleeve down to cover the, already healed, arm. He cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. Dazai had brought two shirts and ties to the date - he had planned that Chuuya would be forced to say yes. Chuuya was swamped in the large blue shirt, but he managed to pull it off with the skinny jeans he was wearing.

"I was bullied growing up, it just reminded me of the whispers in the corridors." Dazai mumbled, fiddling with the flimsy cardboard menu. Chuuya sighed, and looked back at the couple. They were gone.

"They've left, we're okay." He reassured, Dazai gave a small smile.

"What are you going to order? It's your first bite of human food."

"I'm thinking a wagyu steak, go big or go home."

"You're not short of a few bucks are you?"

"I'm an executive. I'm paid quite handsomely for sitting at an office in the underworld."

"I bet you are. I guess I do like my men how I like my coffee. Rich and strong."

"What are you ordering?"

"I'm thinking a pulled pork burger, tasty and tender."

"Don't say tender again."

"Tender."

"I hate you."

"No you don't." Chuuya didn't respond, and Dazai's grin grew wider. His eyes crinkled and the fairy lights surrounding them illuminated the darkness of his eyes. The waitress finally tended to their table, asking what they would like to order. Chuuya stated their order as well as asking for a bottle of their finest wine, and she left. Dazai looked at him quizzically.