Part 3.

Cara

"And with that, I would like to announce that after my two year long hiatus, I've worked with an extremely talented bunch of friends including Mr. Scotty T to finally bring you an album. This is  Ignited." Aaron welcomed Scotty up to the DJ booth where people below cheered and he was live on instagram. "The album will be out next Friday November 11th! - you can go pre-save now and listen to the teaser posts that are currently being uploaded to my Instagram, Twitter and TikTok." Scotty takes the phone from Aaron, flips it round on the crowd that Aaron is now stood in front of whilst he makes a motion of praying. "Alright y'all, we're gonna go party, you have a good one!" And with that the music came on full blast, the live video ended and Taylor has pulled me down to the dance floor.

Never felt this euphorically drunk in my life. Probably look like I've got two left feet. Conclude I actually don't care and I'm having fun. Spy out the bar. To get a drink or to dance upon it?

Drink.

"Two shots of tequila!" I say in the most sober voice I can manage. The bar man tells me I can have two if he can do one. Definitely did not sound sober then. I agree.

"Can I get a shot of tequila too?" A woman next to me asks. The bar man asks her if she wants to join in on our little pact. She agrees. Another shot of tequila appears in front of me. Pick it up, look to the woman.

Oh my god it's Kendall Jenner. She splutters some distaste for the tequila as it's not her own brand. She smiles at me. "Thanks!"

"No thank you," I say. "I'm Cara." And normally, I'd go for a handshake - but I'm going to say wasted - mission accomplished - so I hug her. Luckily, saving me from any embarrassment she laughs and hugs me back.

I find Taylor. She's grinding on Scotty. "I just met Kend—" nope. Need to throw up. Fish my box of cigarettes out of my purse.

Only smoke when I've had a drink. That's the rule. I've had several. Several too many.

Find myself outside in a corner throwing my guts up. Actually feel much better. Reach for my cigarettes. "Cara!" I turn around. Kendall Jenner. Am I hallucinating? Holding out a stick of gum.

I take it. I say nothing. Can't have bad breath in front of a supermodel. I light my cigarette. Feel much better. "Do you smoke?" I ask offering my box to her.

Kendall looks around. "Sure." She says taking one, "Can I borrow your light?" Light it for her. Smoke gets blown right into my face. Smells wonderful.

"How's your night going?" I ask.

"It's good. I love Aaron." She says with a smile. "Are you having a good night?"

"I didn't realise it was a free bar." I mumble. "Maybe took advantage." I say. She laughs. I realise we're stood right next to my vomit. Thought she would be more snobbish than this.

"Do you want to meet my friends?" She asks. Does she think I'm cool? I should get back to Taylor.

"Yeah." I don't know why I said that. She takes my arm. She does think I'm cool. Score. I'm led to a group of friends that are smoking cigarettes and or vapes. They all look like an instagram beauty filter.

"Is Kylie coming?" Another brunette asks. Pretty sure I've seen her somewhere - online obviously. Think her name is Chantel. Maybe.

"Kylie was feeling jet lag." Kendall rolls her eyes. I'm stood here like an idiot. Just listening to the conversations of supermodels, CEOS, artists, famous people. I take a drag of my cigarette. "She might come to the after party." Kendall then whips around to me, "are you coming Cara?" She asks.

"I think Taylor is dragging me along." I laugh. "Taylor is Scotty T's girlfriend." I confirm.

"Oh the producer right?" The girl I believe is Chantel says.

"Yeah." I smile. "I'm Cara."

"Stass." She says holding out her hand. Who and where did I get the name Chantel from? I shake her hand.

"It was nice meeting you all. I'll see you later?" I say. They smile and wave at me and as if I was never there, carry on their own conversations.

Find Taylor. Dancing with Aaron. "Hey Mama," he calls to me pulling me in for a dance. "You having a good night?" She asks.

"Where were you?!" Taylor asks.

"I was just having a cigarette." I say. "With Kendall."

"Jenner?" Her jaw drops.

I smile. "Can you play a song from the album Aaron?" I ask. He laughs.

"You mean you just missed it?" He says.

"I was having a cigarette!" I protest in laughter. "Drink?" I say, noticing his bottle of champagne in hand. He passed it to me. I drink. As soon as the alcohol hits my lips I have instant regret. Swallow my chewing gum from Kendall Jenner. You mean I can't stick it in a frame forever now? Bummer. Make mental note to have an anxiety attack about swallowing gum tomorrow during my hangover anxiety session.

Dance. A lot.

Drink some more.

Dance with Taylor.

Smoke 4 more cigarettes.

Time for the afterparty. Leave with Scotty T and Aaron and Taylor in one car. Don't even know who's driving. Pray they're sober and paid to drive us.

__________________________