Part 7.

Cara

"That would be me." I say. To Justin Bieber. "How are you doing?" Be as normal as possible.

"Yeah." He says. Head in hands. "Partied a little too hard I think." Mumble. All he's doing is mumbling.

Make him feel better. "Me too." I offer. "But, free bar." I'm talking slower than usual. Why is he sat here? Opposite me?

His hand reaches across the table. "I'm Justin."

Shake hand. "Cara. Good to meet you." I pull my hand back.

"Cara." He breaths out slowly. "Cara, I knew he mentioned it. I knew I made some stupid lambo' joke." He says.

"Do you want like a water?" I ask. "Or a coffee."

"No." He stands. "It just really bothered me I didn't remember your name." He looks around. Pulls hood up. "Later." He walks out of the dining area without turning back.

So fucking weird.

I drink my coffee. Phone rings. "Hello."

"Hey girl. We're outside!" Taylor says. Sounds chipper. Collect my purse from the seat next to me. Walk through reception. Justin is talking at the desk. I walk up.

"Hi there." I say to the free concierge. "I'm just dropping off the key for room 22, floor 9." I put the keycard on the desk.

"Thank you." She says taking the card. "There are some extra charges here." I panic.

"Oh um," I wonder what his last name is. "It can be billed to Aaron.."

"Just bill it to the card on file." Justin speaks up to the lady helping me. "You good, Cara?"

"Thank you." I smile at him. "I appreciate that." He smiles back. "Are we good here?" I ask the concierge.

"That's fine, Miss...?"

"Nolan."

"Miss Nolan. You have a good day now." She smiles and starts typing away.

"You too." I sling my purse over my shoulder. "Have a good one, Justin."

"You too, Miss. Nolan." He says with a cheekiness to his grin. "Where are you headed?"

"Breakfast with Scotty and Taylor." Say it in a tone of questioning. "Why?"

He shrugs. Don't invite him. Don't make a fool of yourself. "Bye."

"Can you tell Scotty to text me. About the studio."

I turn and walk away. Just an all-round very strange set of interactions with him. Look back. He's on his phone. Walk to doors. Opened for me. Taylor is sat with her head against the passenger seat window. Scotty sat looking ahead into the Californian sun. Shit. Left his glasses somewhere. Can't remember where.

"Morning." I say climbing into the backseat. Taylor whips her head around.

"Why the fuck did you not come home?" She asks. Devilish tone. She thinks I slept with Aaron.

"Because I stayed with Aaron."

"Well did you bang him?" Scotty asks, looking ate me through the rearview mirror.

"No I didn't bang him. I had no way home after you two ditched me." I say. "Actually though I had a good night." I pass my phone to Taylor. "Put this on charge, please."

She does so. "You didn't sleep with him?" She asks. Almost dumbfounded.

"No." I laugh. "He's cool. There's potential for a friendship. He's invited me to the studio." I say.