Part 6.

Cara

Head is pounding. Reach for phone. 11%. Fantastic. Turn over. Aaron lays on his back. Find it funny he sleeps with his mouth open.

Pretty sure I didn't sleep with him, but check for a condom wrapper regardless. Don't see one. Grateful.

Climb out of bed. Feel fucking awful. "Fuck me." I groan going to the bathroom. I gargle mouth wash. Look in mirror. Utterly disgusted. Look like dead and battered racoon. Run hot water tap. Wash face best I can. See a small bottle of men's face wash. Fuck it.

Actually the best makeup remover I've ever used. Snap a photo of it. Snap a photo of me. Delete.

Make way through to main bedroom. Open bottle of water from minibar. Contemplate life. Sit on end of bed.  Text therapist.

Made bad life choices last night

Are you free at all today?

Oh no Cara! Are you okay?
Are you safe? 

Oh no yeah I'm okay.
But anxiety is bad.
Could do with seeing you.

I'm so sorry, Cara. I'm not in the
office today but let's chat
over call?
Are you free at 1400?

I'm free then. Talk soon.
Thanks, P 🤍
Seen 08:19

"Hey." I hear Aaron. "What time it is?" He asks.

"Morning." I say without looking at him. "Like 8:20." I say. "I'm surprised you're awake."

"I'm a light sleeper and your texting woke me." He chuckles. He picks up the phone next to the bed. "Can I order room service please? ... Ra you want breakfast?"

"I'm good." I say anxiety taking over my body and biting my nails. Aaron orders a fruit bowel and a coffee and fresh orange juice. And a toothbrush. "Did you have a good night?" I ask him, finally looking at him.

He looks at me, sits up more in the bed. "I did." He licks his lips. "Ended way different than what I thought though." He says with a glimmer of mischief in his eyes.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning that you're cool. But that's it. You're cool - I didn't want to sleep with you." He says. "No offence."

Rush or relief. "I'm so happy you said that."

"I think we'd make good friends. And I remain with my invitation of you coming to the studio." He sits up more. "But yeah. Friends." He says.