𑁯𝙴𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𑊁

I was pretty young when I realized everyone has their own purpose in life. I was a little older when I learned that some people never find their purpose. Some give up before they find it and some were never really trying.

Even though I've known this was the deal for a long time, can't tell where I fall in the mix. I can't even tell if I'm trying to find my own purpose. Maybe that's my answer though. If I don't know, then I'm probably not.

The thing is, I'm not very bothered by that. I mean, it sucks not knowing your own purpose, but nothing is forcing me to find it out anyway. It's not like I'm drowning right now. Just floating by.

I like floating. It's easy. That's pretty lazy, but I'm fine with that too.

It's not like I don't fit in without my purpose either. That point gets proven when the moment I get to school, I have a group to step into. I get to be a part of most of the conversations and I fit in pretty great—if I do say so myself.

I guess there's another option then. People who haven't found their purpose yet but still fit in fine anyway. Those are the ones that are happy not knowing their purpose. It's still there though—everyone's is. They just don't know it.

Even if some of them know their purpose, some people just can't seem to fit in. Not with the rest like how you'd want to, anyway. It's easy to find those people. Usually it works just to scan the walls. Or they bump into you on their own. It's obvious who they are when they do it too.

Like the girl who steps out of the crowd of kids in the halls on the way through classes. It's not a big deal when she zips past me and bumps into my shoulder. Not to me, and she proves not to her either when all she does is call a quick "Sorry!" over her shoulder.

The way she doesn't even stop but still wants to apologize is funny to me. "Watch where you're going." I return. She doesn't respond. I'm already loosing sight of her curly dark hair, disappearing into the rest of the crowd as we all go.

Instead of heading off to my next class, I make a quick detour down a different hallway. In the less crowded hallway, I find Tanner filling his usual water bottle for—probably—the second time today.

"That's why you have to go to the bathroom during class so much." I point out as I walk up behind him.

He laughs. "That's the point." He hums, watching with a smile as he fills the bottle to the very brim. I shake my head as I watch him start to screw the top back on. When he's finished, he picks his backpack up to head to class. I turn and start walking with him towards it.

Tanner is the few who know their purpose but decide not to do anything with it. He knows what he likes, what he hates, and what he wants to do. But he doesn't do that much to actually achieve it. He likes floating like me. Only difference is he knows his purpose. He ignores it though.

Lucky him, right?

"Hey," Tanner hums just before we make it to our next class. "Wanna go get burgers after school?" He asks, pointing his thumb over his shoulder in the general direction of the fast food place down the street of school.

I smile. "Sure, but I need to come back after."

He cocks his head back. "Why would you want to come back?"