21-30

21

Su Beigu found the Chen family, a tenant of the Su family. Chen Ahu's family was working in the fields, and only his wife was preparing food in the kitchen.

Chen's wife thought that Su Beigu was here to take back the land on behalf of the Su family, so she anxiously took her to walk around the fields under the Su family's name. As she walked, she told her that her family had worked hard over the years to farm the land and how much rent they should pay. I have paid them all, and I never dare to fool the Su family.

Su Beigu comforted her and said: "It will be time to pay the summer tax soon. I came to take a look. I have no other intention. Auntie, don't think too much."

Chen's wife breathed a sigh of relief.

Subei consultant: "Your family rented 20 acres of land from the Su family?"

"Yes, twelve acres of good farmland, five acres of medium farmland, and three acres of thin farmland at the foot of the mountain." "

What have been planted?"

"Good farmland of course They grow food. Potatoes are planted in the five acres of middle fields, and some soybeans and cotton can only be grown in the three acres of thin fields." Tanzhou is located to the south of the Yangtze River, and the main food crops are rice. In early March,

every paddy field has already grown. The rice seedlings are planted full of rice seedlings. At this time, the rice seedlings have grown taller and begun to produce rice ears.

In Su Beigu's view, the rice grown by the Chen family is not much different from that grown by other families. In other words, if she sets up a formation here, she can confirm whether her experiment is successful by comparing it with other people's rice next year.

But there was a big problem in front of her - the fifty acres of field was really too big and spread out very much. Even if she could set up formations for each field, she wouldn't have that much spiritual energy. Maintain these formations.

If she wanted to use the formation to make the crops grow in the direction she imagined, and then rely on the crops to extract spiritual energy for practice, she would still have to put a lot of effort into the formation. In this way, she would fall into an endless loop again.

"There should be no problem with this formula. After all, it can also react in places with thin spiritual energy..." Su Bei Gu Wu thought to himself.

Suddenly, she remembered a key point. Zhaojiu mentioned that this formula did not have high requirements on the environment, but he did not say that it did not have high requirements on the people who implemented the formation!

Who is Zhaojiu? That is the little ancestor of a large sect! In the world of immortality where strength is respected, the reason why she can be respected as the little ancestor is naturally because of her strength. No matter how thin the spiritual energy is, it is not difficult to maintain a formation with her strength.

Now Su Beigu is just a rookie, how can he be compared with Zhaojiu? !

Although the reality was cruel, Su Beigu did not give up. As she walked, she wondered whether she could improve this formula.

A dark-skinned man passed by carrying dung. When he saw Su Beigu and Chen Ahu, he stopped and said in surprise: "Madam? The little lady is here too!" Su Beigu recognized him as Chen Ahu and asked

him "What are you doing?"

"Picking manure." Chen Ahu replied.

An idea flashed across Su Beigu's mind. He couldn't grasp it for a moment and could only chew the word again and again: "Manure, manure?" Chen Ahu explained: "Yes, at this time of rice, you have to ensure that there is sufficient water and nutrients. If not

, If enough nutrients are applied, the rice will not grow well and the harvest will be small."

His ordinary words gave Su Beigu a flash of inspiration, and she immediately thought of how to solve the problem in front of her!

The growth of crops requires nutrients. Since she cannot set up an array directly in the field, can she start with nutrients?

Using fertilizer as a primer allows crops to better absorb the spiritual energy of heaven and earth, and the essence of the sun and moon. Although it takes an extra step, the result is similar, right? !

As for how to use fertilizer as a primer, she also has a plan in mind.

——Back

at Su's house, Su Beigu smelled the strong smell of mutton before she even got close to the kitchen. She looked around and didn't see Tan Ruyi, so she guessed that she should be cooking the mutton belly in the kitchen at the moment.

It happened that Mr. Lu came out of the room happily and when he saw her, he smiled from ear to ear: "Bei Gu, the hairpin you gave to my mother, she likes it very much! Look, how does it look on my mother wearing it?" Su Beigu looked at her eyebrows

. She bent over and said, "My mother is young and beautiful. She looks good in anything she wears. What's more, this is a gift carefully selected by my sister-in-law." Mrs. Lu was stunned, perhaps because she didn't expect that Su Beigu would also have honey on his mouth

. She became even more happy, and even changed her view of Tan Ruyi, who had given her this gift: "You are interested in the bride." She remembered that

Su Beigu had gone to the fields, and asked again: "How can you go to inspect the fields?" How about it? Are the Chen family lazy?"

She actually thought that Su Beigu was going to inspect.

Su Beigu smiled. She didn't want to tell Lu Shi clearly, so she said: "The Chen family works hard and will never be lazy." Lu said: "You still have to keep an eye on them.

If they are lazy, , the rent given to us will be less."

The tenancy relationship between the Su family and the Chen family exists in the form of share sharing, which means that the Su family's income depends on the quality of the harvest. Some families' rent and taxes are fixed, so no matter what the harvest is, it will not affect the income of the main household. The only ones who suffer are the tenants.

The advantage of sharing is that the better the harvest, the higher the income of the main household; the worse the harvest, the worse the income of the main household.

All in all, the owner and the tenants share risks. In order to improve production efficiency, the owner will provide farm tools, cattle and donkeys and other agricultural production tools to the tenants, reducing the tenants' expenditure in these areas; at the same time, in order to reduce risks, the owner must Keep an eye on the tenants.

This is why Su Beigu never thought of taking back the land and farming it himself. She used her own field to conduct experiments. Failure would not affect the growth of the crops, but success would benefit both the Su family and the tenants.

Although this dependence relationship still exists, ideally, sooner or later, the Chen family will be able to save enough money to buy their own land, so that they no longer need to rent other people's fields.

Su Beigu said: "Mom, I plan to improve manure. I will inevitably use my own fields to test the effect of manure. If the harvest is not ideal, please don't blame them." Mrs. Lu was stunned again: "Huh?

Manure How can we improve it?"

She really couldn't imagine her fairy-like daughter dealing with manure, which made people stare at her.

"Manure can extract the nutrients needed by crops and remove the excess. In this way, the field will not be filled with the smell of manure, and it can also make it easier for crops and soil to better absorb nutrients and promote the growth of crops."

Lu She was confused. After all, she had never been in the ground before, and she didn't know how to extract nutrients from manure. Su Beigu didn't explain too much, just said: "If mother is worried that my family's fields will be ruined by me, then I will go back to Taoist Temple first and use the Taoist Temple's fields to test." It's not that she is using the matter

of returning to Taoist Temple as a way to

Blackmailing Mrs. Lu, but she values ​​practice more than anything else, so if she can't use her own fields for experiments, then she will definitely go back to the Taoist temple for experiments.

As soon as she heard that she wanted to go back to the Taoist temple, Mrs. Lu said: "How can I worry about you destroying the fields at home? You have always been prudent in dealing with things. The reason why you made this request must have been carefully considered. How could I not agree to it? What's the truth?"

"Thank you, mother."

I don't know if it was Lu's illusion, but she felt that she was much closer to her daughter than she had been a few days ago.

The mother and daughter who were talking suddenly smelled a strong fragrance. Different from the fragrance wafting from far away, this fragrance was closer, so close that it could draw out the greedy people.

Su Beigu turned around and saw that Tan Ruyi and Mu Xiuxiu came in carrying a pot with white smoke floating on it, and the rich aroma of meat also emerged from the white smoke.

Tan Ruyi smiled and said: "Auntie, look north, the mutton belly is ready. I don't know if you are hungry, so I thought it was almost time, so I took it upon myself to bring it." The smile on Mrs. Lu's face was sincere

. After three minutes of cooking, he said, "It's just the right time."

Su Bei Gu also said, "It smells so good. My sister-in-law's cooking skills are really amazing." Tan

Ruyi's face was so praised that a hint of blush appeared on her face, and she said, "Bei Gu hasn't tasted it yet. , such praise seems to be coaxing."

Lu said: "If it is not delicious, it is also a skill to make Bei Gu praise it against his will."

Su Beigu and Tan Ruyi looked sideways. Although I could feel Lu's unintentionality and knew that this was a different kind of compliment to her daughter-in-law, it was easy for people to think that she was being arrogant.

"You'll know after you taste it." Su Beigu asked Mu Xiuxiu to put the bowls and chopsticks aside. She first took a piece of soft mutton belly for Lu, and then a piece for herself.

The mutton belly, which should be tough, is soft and delicious, as if it melts in your mouth, and the mutton has a very light smell, so there is no smell left in your mouth after eating. It's no wonder that after Mrs. Lu ate the first piece, she anxiously picked up the second piece. It was really delicious.

Su Beigu said: "It's rare for braised meat to be so tender. Does your sister-in-law use other cooking methods?" "I stewed it for two hours first. When the stew was almost cooked, I took it out and cooked it again

. Cold water, then braised. Is it too soft to taste?"

Su Beigu shook his head: "It's just right, it's delicious."

"Then eat more." Tan Ruyi took this opportunity to give it to her He picked up a few pieces of fat and thin belly and watched her eat it with burning eyes, so as to gain approval from her.

Su Bei couldn't resist the kindness, so he could only eat all the meat.

Mu Xiuxiu brought the old hen soup stewed by Tan Ruyi and the dishes prepared by Meng Yu to the table one by one.

After this meal, Su Beigu and Mrs. Lu were both well fed, and Mrs. Lu wanted to walk around in the yard to eat.

Neither Su Beigu nor Tan Ruyi stopped her. After she left, Tan Ruyi asked, "Can Beigu also accompany me to eat?" Su Beigu

's way of digesting food has always been to meditate and breathe, but maybe it's cannibalism. A soft-spoken person with short hands, Tan Ruyi invited her so kindly that she couldn't refuse, so she said, "Listen to sister Ah Tan." Tan Ruyi took her hand and teased, "It would be great if you really listen."

Su

Beigu : "..."

What does this mean?

Tan Ruyi didn't explain, took Su Beigu's arm and walked out the door, wandering around the village.