VIII

Ciel woke up the next morning to the shrill beeping of his alarm. He yanked the cord out of the electric socket and tossed his legs over the edge of the bed making his foot graze against something. His gaze drifted downward and he pushed his shoulder length hair behind his ear.

A small box wrapped in black papering was on the wooden floor by his bed. A folded note was strapped on by a royal blue ribbon that matched his right eye. He let his fingers wrap around the box and he set it on his shirt clad lap.

'Phantomhive, to apologize for my actions I have found you this choker. I do so hope you like roses.
~Sebastian Michaelis'

Ciel carefully untied the ribbon and set it to the side before opening the box. Inside the box lay one of the most beautiful chokers he had ever laid eyes on. Velvet blue that would wrap around his neck like a second skin and real silver chain an charm.

The tips of his pale fingers goasted over the item before he decided that he would wear it to school.
••••○••••
His body was forced into the lockers by an angry girl wuth black hair. Not only was Beast angry but she was seething. Ciel had the nerve to talk back to her in front of basically the entire school including Sebastian.

Her fingers latched on to his high necked band shirt and she pulled him to her hight only to see a choker fitted around his slinder throat. For some reason that little piece of jewelry absolutely infuriated her.

"Boys can't wear girls things," with that her fingers wrapped around the offending item and she ripped it from his neck letting it fall to the ground ripped from her tallon-like nails. The navy haired lad shouldered her off and glared.

"I can wear what I please no matter if its meant for females or not. It is not your place to say what others can and can't do," he said straightening his shirt,"besides Michaelis is way over you anyway".

That may not have been very true but it was a good thing to leave on seeing as it had her fuming. He turned and made his way through the crowded hallway. It was the end of school and he was absolutely beat.
••••○••••
Ciel was still dog tired when he sat down on the end of Sebastian's bed that night. Sebastian was already half asleep as soon as he lay down. His mind had been plagued by thoughts of what Ciel had said to Beast earlier and it was utterly tiring.

" Somewhere between the hot and the cold," he started softly.
"Somewhere between the new and the old
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
Somewhere in the middle, you'll find me," he let out a yawn.

"Somewhere between the wrong and the right
Somewhere between the darkness and the light
Somewhere between who I was and who you're making me," Ciel's head fell on the bed in exaustion and he let out quiet even breaths.
••••○••••
Thank you so much for reading and please don't be angry with me! Sorry it took so long for me to update!
ThatOneGayBoy