16 | The Lingering Thought

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, October 7th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

First period was halfway over when I noticed that Evangeline wasn't in her seat yet. Usually she tends to do this when her morning meetings with Mr. Vince takes a long time. She's always excused for them so it's not a problem with the teachers.

Once the second period was over, Evangeline still hadn't come to class. It wasn't like her to skip class and the only reason for her to not be here would be if she was sick. Lunch finally rolled around and her friends sat at their usual table.

Tiffany looked like she was trying too hard to get Ethan to pay attention to her conversation while Ethan looked bored out of his mind. He was looking everywhere but at her and sitting where Evangeline usually sits. I guess her absence wasn't odd to them.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Tuesday, October 8th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

By the end of the day I realized that something wasn't right when she didn't show up to school again. I had convinced myself that I would go over to her house to see if she was home and alright, but Ethan had beat me to it when I was about to head to Evangeline's driveway.

Ethan looked irritated, furious even. He rings the doorbell and Evangeline's maid opens the door.

"Where's Evangeline?" He demands.

I furrow my brows at the question. I thought he knew well why Evangeline wasn't at school.

"Ms. Evangeline is sick right now. She's not feeling well," I hear Varushka's voice say, "she's turned her phone off and needs to be alone right now."

"She's my girlfriend! Let me see her now!" Ethan yells.

Why was she refusing to let anyone see her? Would Varushka deny me from letting me see Evangeline too?

"Evangeline is sick. She can't be bothered right now," a familiar deep voice says.

I couldn't see who it was since Ethan's car was blocking my view, I could make out Ethan's back to me.

"And who the fuck are you?" Ethan asks, "You can't forbid me from seeing her."

"Varushka asked if I could bring extra medicine for Evangeline's stomach bug. She was afraid to leave Evangeline alone here since her parents aren't home." The voice clicked and I was able to put it to a face. "When Evangeline wakes up, Varushka will let her know to try to get back to you."