45 | The Epilogue

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Sunday, July 3rd

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

2 YEARS LATER...

"Look what came in the mail," Evangeline says, averting my attention from the lyrics I was writing in the notebook.

She strolls up to me and places herself right onto my lap. It was a daily thing with her while I tried to write.

"What is it?" I ask, noticing a small, light green, and square envelope.

"I don't know. It just says our names on it," she says.

She slides her finger underneath the lip of the envelope and slides through the seam. She pulls out a white card and opens it.

"Oh, it's an invitation to a wedding engagement party along with a wedding date," she says.

"Who's getting married?" I ask, turning my attention back to the notebook with scribbled lyrics.

It was hard to write lyrics with the stress of Battle of the Bands coming up. Ideally they wanted each band to sing at least three songs. We only had two written songs. This was the only opportunity for the guys and I to be signed to a record deal and actually do something with our music.

"Varushka is," Evangeline says in a surprised tone. "I didn't even know she was dating someone."

"You didn't know your maid was dating someone? Wasn't she with your family for years before I arrived?" I ask, taking the invitation from her hands and reading the details.

"She's always at home," she says defensively, "how was I supposed to know that there was a guy out there?"

"Didn't you say her family is very into arranged marriages and that's why she moved to the states?"

Evangeline nods. "Yeah, Roman mentioned how awful their dad is. He's like an older version of Dimitri."

Their names bring back flashbacks from the times I was threatened by Dimitri. I was glad that Roman said he would do anything to keep me away from him, but couldn't do a whole lot since Dimitri had a lot more power than anyone else.

"I hope the guy isn't terrible," I commented, handing back the invitation.

"Anyways, have you finished the song? The event is in three days," she reminds me.

I sigh, pushing the notebook away from me. "I only have one line so far."

She takes the notebook off of the table and reads the line. "I like your one line," she laughs, "You can definitely add more though." She says sarcastically.