36 | The Setup

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Saturday, March 22nd

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

The party was in full swing with teenagers in and out of the cabin. The music was playing outloud and the alcohol was never ending.

The hot tub was filled to capacity and the lake was beginning to fill up with erratic and intoxicated teens.

I watched the cars continue to drive up the long trail leading up to the top of the hill. Aurora's dad had a liking for building things on top of hills for some reason. It was one of the largest cabins in Haven Hills Forest and everyone from the town was beginning to hear rumors about it.

Including Ethan and Samara, his latest victim.

The plan was to get Ethan to confess his crimes or catch him doing it. Tiffany spent hours convincing the group that she had something up her sleeve to get Ethan to act on his predatory behavior. I wasn't too sure about it, but she promised that it wasn't going to put her in danger.

It also took a lot of apologizing to Maya about Tiffany's actions and even revealing about the fact what Ethan had done to her. What he had done to me too.

I had managed to keep the secret in the back of my mind for so long that I realized I never told Maya or Aurora about what Ethan had done to me. I guess when I told Ambrose, it felt like I didn't have to tell anyone else because Ambrose saw me and understood me the most.

I heard footsteps coming towards me where I stood out on the balcony. I was on the top floor where Aurora had made it off limits and where we would have our last minute meeting just before we acted on the plan.

"Word got out to Haven Hills University and some frats have made talk that they're coming here," Maya says beside me. She showed me the open forum of a post talking about tonight's party.

The forum was very well known by both towns and that's how gossip traveled around here. Nothing went by without getting noticed by someone somewhere.

We both watch the party double in size and realize that we would have to do this as smoothly as we can. Ethan loves an audience and likes to be the center of attention when it's a good thing. There would be no doubt that he would want to surround himself with people throughout the night. Tiffany would find it a challenge to get Ethan to detach himself from his date without causing suspicion to rise.

"Okay I think he's pulling up," Aurora says, coming to our side.

"Where's Tiffany?" I ask.

"She's already down stairs waiting for him," Aurora says.

"What? No, we have to get him to party for a bit. If she ambushes him too early he'll think she's up to something and leave the party," I say.

I walked out of the room and headed downstairs where the noise was louder than what it sounded like on the outside. There was yelling, shouting, singing, and cheering coming from all parts of the cabin.