An embrace

Priya was sleeping being tired after coming from college. She frowned when she heard her phone ringing. She looked at the caller ID and saw it was an unknown number. When she started to attend, it was end, she thought to sleep back again, but again her phone ringed making her sigh! She attended the call with great irritation.

Priya : hello?

Other side : hellooo

Priya : hello yaarunga?

Other side : naan thaan

Priya : naan thaan nna? Yaarunga? Summa kadupp yethaanga ?

Other side : yaen voice ungalukk theriyalaya??

Priya : yaenga Phone'la eppudiinga theriyum?

other side: naan thaan ma Nandhzz

Priya : ohh ningala. Sollunga yaenna vishayam

Dev : free aa, pesalama?

Priya: thungittu iruntha ennae eluppi vittitu, free aa pesalamaanu kekkuraen, paythiyam..

Dev : thungitturunthiya.. sorry ma

Priya : athellam paravala, anyways thanks to you, ninga ippo call pannalaena Naan tbungiyittae irunthirupaen. Sollunga yaenna vishayam

Dev : inthaa vanga ponga vittitu pesalamae

Priya : athu soldrathukk thaan call panniya?

Dev : illamaa.. culturals pathii pesa thaan. Akash call panittu sonna, the name list should be given ASAP, as the teachers are trying to finish the culturals as soon as possible.

Priya : ohh.. yeah I'll manage. I'll send it by night itself.

Dev : ok maa and

Priya : and?

Dev : culturals'la yaenna paatu paada poringae?

Priya : yaaro oruthar yaen kitta vanga ponga Ellam Solla vennamnu sollitu

Dev : hehe.. chorry.. sollu ma..

Priya : innum select pannala pa

Dev : naan oru song sollava?

Priya : Sollu try panni pakkuraen

Dev : annal maele panni thulli

Priya : will see

Dev : hehe... Thaanku

Priya: seri serii sirichathu pothum. Bye.

Dev : bye ma. Take care. Have food.

Priya : okay okay and you too.

Priya cut the call and smiled rethinking about the conversation. While Dev was grinning thinking about how good it will be when she sing that song. Priya then maked the name list and given the list by night itself.

Two three days passed with their cultural practices and the decorations and all. Arjun and dev became somewhat close and was comfortable with each other's company. Kishore too had talk with them. But Aaron and Karan was still sitting with a grumpy face.

**

Culturals day.

Everyone busy in that day. By 10 the event started with the chief guest and the programs done by each department were on fire. And the next event was singing competition. Dev was looking for her. She was not there.

Akash: Dev, where is Priya? Singing competition has started.

Dev: idk, but let me see.

Dev moved from there and looked everywhere. He was getting tensed as he didn't saw her anywhere. A sudden thought arised in his mind and he gone to college Chapel. And yes, there she is praying to God with closed eyes. Dev sighed and entered the chapel and stood beside her. Priya opened her eyes and turned and saw Dev looking at her.

Priya : Nandhzz

Dev : singing competition has started. Vaa polam.

Priya: light aa tense aa irukku. What if I couldn't make up the first prize.

Dev : appudi ellaam illa, nii paadunale un voice'la ellarume vilunthidum. You don't know how much your voice can make a person feel.

Priya smiled at him, dev hold her hands in his and looked at her eyes,

Unnale mudiyum ma, you are the champ. (He said this by touching her nose with his forefinger, making her chuckle) nii ethum yosikkaathe, music feel panni paduna mattum pothum. Paathukalam. I'll be there... For you.

Priya smiled and intertwined her hands with his, "vaa polam"

Dev smiled seeing their intertwined hands. Sometimes words doesn't needed to express their feelings. Actions does it beautifully.

They both entered the competition place. Priya looked at him and smiled. Akash came there and wished her all the best. The next was her. She entered the stage and closed her eyes, making her to think about one beautiful admiring eyes, that can make her smile, blush and feel butterflies flying inside her.

Santhithomae kanaakalil
Sila muraiyaa pala muraiyaa
Andhi vaanil ulaavinom
Athu unakku ninaivillaiyaa
Iru karaigalai udaiththidave
Perugidumaa kadal alaiyae
Iru iru uyir thaththalikkaiyil
Vazhi sollumaa kalangaraiyae
Unathalaigal ennai adikka
Karai servathum kanaavil nigazhnthida

Anal melae pani thuli
Alaipaayum oru kili
Maram thedum mazhai thuli
Ivaithaanae ival ini
Imai irandum thani thani
Urakkangal urai pani
Edharkaaga thadai inii…

She started from the stanza and sang the whole song making the whole audience to feel the magic in her voice. She finished singing and still her face had that smile. Her eyes met those beautiful admiring eyes. But now that eyes show some other emotions, making her to fell for those eyes. A loud voice of applause heard in the auditorium. Everyone gave her a standing ovation making her to feel overwhelmed. She murmured a thank you and moved from the auditorium.

Akash was so happy and congratulated her. Dev was still looking at her, his eyes showed the pure love towards her. He doesn't know when exactly did he fall for her. But he was sure that he has fallen for her already. He was in cloud nine when he heard the song he suggested from her voice. The word melted will be an understatement about his condition.

Through eyes, Dev asked her to follow him. Priya got it and assured him by giving a smile. Dev moved from there and she too followed him, in between many people moving across her, wished her for the song. And dev entered to a small space, Priya too entered there without any one notice. Dev pulled her towards him, making her to hold his shirt collar and one of her hands were in his chest. They were looking at each other.
No words were needed for them. Dev removed his hands from her hands and placed it on her both hips and hugged her, while she throw her hands over his neck.

There was a pindrop silence, but it was their moment. They wished to express their emotions by an embrace. All they needed was to be in each other's arms.......... Forever!

Tbc
********

Pudichiruntha vote pannunga comment pannunga.

And sorry for not giving updates for almost a week,cause I had a hectic days...

Ms. J