✨Prologue✨

Volleyball had always been a significant part of my life, even though I knew I sucked. Watching the games and immersing myself in the vibrant atmosphere of the volleyball world were sources of great joy. As a kid, I often ventured to local matches, and my eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as I followed each point and set, eagerly absorbing the strategies and team dynamics.

My connection with volleyball ran deeper still, I was lucky enough to live in Tokyo, a city brimming with talent and competition in the sport. During my first year in elementary school, I made friends with Kenma Kozume and Tetsurou Kuroo, they were as obsessed with volleyball as I was. Kenma, with his quiet demeanor and deep understanding of the game, stood out and Kuroo, with his charismatic presence, led the elementary school team with an infectious enthusiasm.

But our connection went beyond just volleyball. In addition to attending the same elementary school, we all ended up going to middle school together, forming a tight-knit group. Our shared experiences in those early years created a bond that was unbreakable. I was ecstatic when they joined the middle school volleyball team and went to cheer them on at every game. When we weren't talking about volleyball, we spent countless hours playing video games, sharing strategies, and enjoying friendly competition.

Our parents also knew each other well, which meant our families hung out frequently. Laughter, shared stories, and the warmth of friendship marked these gatherings. Kenma's quiet charm, Kuroo's charisma, and my bright personality made our group unique and close-knit.

As I cheered from the stands during their matches, our shared history and common interests made our friendship even stronger. During the post-match gatherings, we would discuss the games, share stories, and enjoy each other's company. This deepened my connection with Kenma and Kuroo and reinforced the sense of being a valued part of their circle, even if I didn't play on the court.

This early experience left me with a deep appreciation for the bonds forged through sports, especially in a game as dynamic as volleyball. My formative years in Tokyo were brimming with memories of cheering for my friends, sharing laughter, and being inspired by their passion for the sport.

I had always thought Kenma, Kuroo, and I would be best friends for life, but as I ventured into my teenage years, life had other plans for me. My family's circumstances changed, and we found ourselves relocating from the bustling city of Tokyo to Miyagi's serene and picturesque prefecture.