Chapter 2 - New Girl

The morning sun rises over Miyagi, casting a warm, golden glow on the cherry blossom trees that surround our new home. Today is my first day at Karasuno High School, and I can't help but feel a mixture of excitement and nervousness as I prepare to embark on this new chapter of my life. I feel like I'd be less nervous if I had been able to start on the first day, but with this move being a bit last minute, I was only able to start at Karasuno 3 weeks into the beginning of the school year.

By the time I woke up my parents had already left for work, and as I got myself ready for school I blasted my favorite song in hopes of hyping myself up for the day. As I stand before the mirror in my new Karasuno High uniform, I adjust the collar with trembling fingers. With a deep breath, I remind myself of the adventure that awaits me at this school and remind myself that if nothing else Karasuno was known for having been a volleyball powerhouse.

I arrive at the Karasuno High School campus, where the school building sits nestled against the backdrop of picturesque hills. The bustling chatter of students fills the air, but I feel like a stranger in this new environment. Navigating the school grounds, I make my way to my first class, English. I take a seat in the middle row and glance around, noticing the faces of my fellow students. A few minutes later the teacher enters the room, and as the class begins, I find myself focused on the subject matter, feeling the warmth of learning and knowledge envelop me. As the lesson progresses, I'm soon engrossed in the world of literature, with my classmates and teacher sharing their thoughts on the books we're studying.

In the midst of the discussion, a boy with a streak of unruly blonde hair and a vibrant, animated personality catches my eye. He seemed to be talking with another student about volleyball, which immediately caught my attention.

As I continue eavesdropping on their conversation our eyes meet. He offers a friendly smile, and despite my embarrassment at being caught, I can't help but return it.

"Hi," he says, "you're new, right?"

I nod, feeling a sense of ease with his presence. "Yes, it's my first day. I'm [y/n]."

The boy introduces himself as Nishinoya Yuu, and we chat about our shared love for volleyball, my thoughts on Karasuno and any other topic we can think of. In that moment, I realize that even though I may not know anyone at Karasuno yet, this encounter is the first step in forming new friendships.

After English class, the day unfolds with a series of new experiences. I attend various classes, meet more students, and get a feel for the school's welcoming atmosphere. The friendliness of the Karasuno students eases my initial nervousness, and I find myself engaging in conversations, sharing laughter, and even discovering a few common interests.

At lunchtime, I head to the cafeteria with my packed lunch, looking for a quiet spot to enjoy my meal. As I navigate the bustling cafeteria, I spot my neighbor, Kageyama sitting with a tiny orange-haired boy.I muster the courage to approach their table and ask, "Do you mind if I join you for lunch?"Kageyama looks somewhat surprised but agrees with a simple nod. The orange, on the other hand, offers a warm, "Sure! The more, the merrier!"I take a seat, introducing myself to the energetic orange-haired boy.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Hinata Shoyou." he happily introduces himself.

As we share our meals, conversations flow naturally and for the second time that day I felt like maybe Karasuno wouldn't be so bad after all.

After a few more classes, the school day is finally over and as I make my way through the corridors, I notice a group of students in the gymnasium. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I follow the sounds of volleyballs being spiked and laughter echoing through the hallways.

Inside the gymnasium, I see a group of dedicated athletes. They practice with passion and camaraderie, and I can't help but be drawn to their energy and spirit. To my surprise, I actually recognize some of them. As my eyes scan the gym, I notice Nishinoya, Kageyama, and Hinata among the players.

As practice winds down, I approach the group of athletes. A brown-haired boy with a warm smile greets me. "Hey there. Are you a new student?"

I nod, feeling a sense of warmth from the team's friendly demeanor. "Yes, it's my first day."

"My name is Sawamura Daichi." he introduces himself.

"[y/n]." I respond with a smile.

Daichi introduces me to some of the other players, and soon, I'm chatting with them about my love for volleyball.

"I see you guys have met [y/n]." Nishinoya joins our conversation.

"Yeah! How do you already know her Noya?" Tanaka asks the libero.

As the two of them begin their own conversation I make my way over to Kageyama and Hinata.

"You guys didn't tell me you were on the volleyball team." I accuse them.

"But [y/n] you didn't even ask us!" Hinata defends himself.

Kageyama doesn't say anything but his intense eye contact and a hint of a smile tells me everything I need to know.

As I stand in the gymnasium, surrounded by the vibrant energy of the volleyball team, I realize that this is just the beginning of my time at Karasuno.