Chapter 7 - Karasuno's Rivals

Kageyama has always been reserved, but I've noticed that he is gradually beginning to open up. I find that his sense of humor, while subtle, is endearing, and I enjoy the witty banter that often ensues during our interactions.

After spending months together, it's clear that his serious demeanor conceals a more lighthearted side, which he reveals only to those he trusts. As my friendship with both him and Hinata deepened, I felt a growing sense of belonging with them and with the Karasuno volleyball team as a whole. The players have welcomed me with open arms, sharing their personal stories and their dreams for the future.

While the first-year duo stands out the most, I can tell each member has their own unique qualities that contribute to the team's dynamic, and I cherish the moments we spend together both on and off the court.

As I think about my friends, I bump into none other than Suga.

"Sorry.." I begin to apologize to my friend.

"Hey [y/n]! Don't worry about it, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He laughs off.

I laugh a bit with him before continuing the conversation. "So where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"I have to turn in some forms to Takeda Sensei for our Tokyo training camp.." He explains.

"Wait, TOKYO?!" I exclaim. "I didn't know karasuno trained in the city."

"Normally we don't, but sensei managed to pull some strings with the coach from our rival school. They invited us to their training camp with a bunch of powerhouse schools." Suga continued.

"Who is Karasuno's rival? And why is it a school in Tokyo?" I question.

"Apparently it's a long-standing rivalry that's lasted generations, but I'm not complaining, Nekoma's really good." Suga grinned.

"Nekoma? I used to go there! I actually know the Nekoma volleyball team." I smiled.

"Well then, you should come with us, I'll ask sensei if you can. But I don't see why not since you're always at our practices anyway." He smiled back.

"That would be awesome! Thanks, Suga!" I tackle him in a hug knocking him and myself onto the grass.

"It's no problem [y/n]." As he gets up and then hold out is hand to help me up he asks a question. "Would you want to hang out with me and the team at my house later today? We're having a game night."

"I'd love to! I smile taking his hand.

As I bid goodbye to Suga I could not help but feel excited about game night and the upcoming golden week training camp with Nekoma. I was gonna see Kenma and Kuroo again!

Bursting with excitement I decided to text my friends right away

-----------------------------------

bad bitches groupchat

[y/n]: YOU DIDNT TELL ME THAT KARASUNO WAS YOUR RIVAL

kenma: i thought you knew

[y/n]: well i only just found out

kenma: well now you know

[y/n]: i hate you

kenma: i hate you too <3

[y/n]: A HEART!!!

kenma: I hate you too*

[y/n]: fuck you

kuroo: why not fuck me?

[y/n]: ew

kenma: ew

[y/n]: anyway, karasuno is coming to your training camp during golden week!

[y/n]: and I'm gonna try to go with them

kuroo: i didn't know sensei invited karasuno

kuroo: it'll be great motivation for the team

kenma: are they really gonna let you come

[y/n]: suga thinks so

kenma: suga?

[y/n]: he's karasuno 3rd year setter

kuroo: oh ik who ur talking abt

kenma: first kageyama and now suga

kuroo: kenmaaaa r u jealoussss

[y/n]: ooooooo

kenma: I am not jealous

kenma: its just too many names for me to remember

kuroo: sureee

[y/n]: kenma, you rly do love me <3

kenma: def not

[y/n]: heart been broke so many times D:

kuroo: ily [y/n], i'd never break ur heart

[y/n]: ew

kenma: ew

kuroo: you try to be a nice guy, and this is what you get

kuroo has left the chat

[y/n]: i love bullying him

kenma: same

[y/n]: so r u excited to see me at golden week??

kenma: we don't even know if you'll get to go

[y/n]: ig but still

[y/n]: don't you wanna see ur favorite girl <3

kenma: who said anything about u being my favorite

[y/n]: wow, replaced so easily

kenma: well u already replaced me with kageyama so..

[y/n]: u think

[y/n]: i replaced u

[y/n]: with kageyama

[y/n]: ...what

kenma has left the chat

[y/n]: literally wtf

[y/n]: is he

[y/n]: a c t u a l l y

[y/n]: jealous?

[y/n] has left the chat

------------------------------

As I went about my day, I couldn't help but think about Kenma. Why was he acting so weird? Was he actually jealous of Kageyama? Did he feel like we weren't as close anymore? Did he really think I could just replace him? And the question that weighed most heavily on my mind was, did he actually replace me with some other girl? Even if he did make new friends, shouldn't I be happy for him? Why is it bugging me so much if he decides to have more female friends?