09 | (Dec. 10th 2019) Call Lasted: 06:18 minutes

Nerris sits on their brother, Harrison's, bed. Harrison just got back from the hospital about 30 minutes ago after not being able to wake up due to a vision. Their family doctor claimed it was stress, but still isn't entirely wrong.

Nerris was in the process of turning on a movie the two could just sit and stare at, which ended up being Jurassic World. Harrison was popping some popcorn and lighting a candle in his room.

Harrison came back to the room with a metal bowl full of two separately popped popcorn bags from the convenience store. The two settled down and got comfy.

Halfway through the movie, both of their phones start to blow up.

-

PRESTON G.
Guys. I just saw some shit after theatre. I need a full-on, group discussion asap. I'm being serious.

-

"Didn't he have theatre today? Gods, I hope it's not about some bland drama again." Nerris says, pushing their glasses up their nose.

Harrison hums in agreement before Preston starts a group call. Nerris joins, followed by Harrison (who's just watching off of Nerris' screen), the Neils, Nurf, Max, and Dolph. Nikki and Ered don't join.

"Guys, I—" Preston takes a sip of water from inside his vehicle. "I saw some shit. I was cleaning up, right? And I hear people walking down the hallway, talking —kind of— and it's not the custodians!" Preston digs his palms into his eyes.

"And then what, Pres?" Harrison asks, taking his reading glasses and wiping them off.

"They were dressed in white, and Mr. Ravenport was there— there were three boys from that military school upstate, and uh— ah-"

"Get to the point, Preston!" Nurf shouts. "Sorry. I just don't like Preston forgetting this shit." He adds.

"They're bringing something to our old foreign language building or whatever. Like tables, shit ton of water, and a lot o' books. They were talking about— how they weren't supposed to be seen like the cameras and custodians and shit, and one of 'em got in trouble for asking a stupid question, and then Ravenport said something about Xebüg?? Xerxes?? Man, I don't know. But he said something about, like, etheral praise? It was weird. They– they saw me! They're still in there— I have to go. I'll call you guys back!" Preston cuts from the call.

"The fuck?" Neil asks.

"Yeah, me and Neil we're talking about that guys a weirdo!" Junior says.

"We'll catch him tomorrow morning, right? It's a Wednesday, too. Catch 'im at a meeting for TAP." Max yawns, stretching.

On Neil's screen, he hits a wall and Max shouts: "Neil! The hell??"

Neil pushes Max's door open, shouting. "Max! The school is a four minute walk! We need to check that shit out!"

Max chuckles. "We doin this shit?" He looks at the camera.

"Sure. Yeah." Nerris says.

"I'll pick up the siblings and Dolph. Junior, you live like right next door. Meet at Teacher's parking lot." Nurf says– no, commands.

Harrison runs to put the candle out and keep Ramona out of the popcorn. He tosses Nerris' hat to them as they turn off the movie.

When the two finally begin setting up for the cold of outside, Sonya shouts; "kids! Your friend is here!"

The two rush down the stairs like kids on Christmas morning before they run out the door.

Nerris opens the passenger's side door on Nurf's truck before hopping in. Harrison gets in the back with Dolph.

"This is.. exhilarating." Harrison admits. "Why are we doing this??"

"Shit's happening. TAP kids have to know," the redhead replies.

"That makes us sound very nosy," the german boy, Dolph, starts fidgeting with his purple winter coat's sleeves.

"Because we are!" Nerris announces, chuckling darkly. "Maybe 'cause we're smart."

"Or really, really dumb." Harrison scratches the back of his neck, nervous.

"Harrison's right. We're really dumb." Nurf works on parking the truck and the four get out.

Max, Neil, Preston, and Junior are waiting by some picnic tables.

"Alright, let's.. let's get this over with," Nerris sighs.

Harrison looks up, rushed. "I— I should tell you guys something, it's short. Promise."