20 | Here's to Us

[SPECIAL THANKS TO Gracieluvsmelaniek12 FOR BEING SITH ME THROUGH THIS WHOLE THING! You've been my best supporter and you always sounded more then happy to read. Ilysm <3]

Christmas Eve, 2028

The bouquet of red chrysanthemums, yellow tulips, and orange tulips sit in an older, clammy, Harrison's hands. He looks to his husband, Preston, whose driving them to the Quartermaster Cemetary in their home town, Daybreak.

Nine years ago today, David Rosenthal was killed by a cult leader by the name of Daniel Ravenport.

When the two pull in, they get out slowly. They spot a collection of people of all different heights, looks, and backgrounds. They surround two graves.

One reads David T. Rosenthal, 1995-2019, Beloved Son, Brother, Teacher, and Friend.

The second was titled Edward K. Pikeman, 2001-2019, Never Got to Truly Experience Life.

Edward was only eighteen was he was also brutally murdered by Daniel. He'd been groomed, manipulated, and assaulted by the filth of a man. Only two people were truly there for him, those being Billy "Snake" Nikssilp and Stephen van Petrol- or more commonly, just Petrol as of late.

Neil stood next to Snake, holding his hand tightly. The two had been dating for about five-six months at that point.

Harrison had a second bouquet for his brother, Spencer Amos Hershkowitz. His grave was a little ways down, and he'd visit that one first.

He placed the first bouquet at the grave. Harrison smiles, tears rolling down his face. Preston's hand squeezes Harrison's own and presses a kiss to the side of his head comfortingly like Harrison had done for him so many years ago.

Harrison shakily exhales and smiles. "I love you, Spence," he utters. The two stay for a moment before heading over to the group surrounding two gravestones.

Various gifts and bouquets and lone flowers are scattered around the headstones, and for a moment, Harrison knows it's all gonna be okay.