Chapter 12

After their kiss for some reason Minji is feeling some ounces of regret. "Regret?!" Jae Won bewildered by her statement they were now sitting across from one another in living room. "I-" putting his hand up to stop her for a moment "Think carefully of what you're gonna say next. You're going to drive me insane at this point." Taking a deep breath "I regret it" making Jae Won stand up in disbelief "What?" Pulling out the rings from his side pocket on his jacket.

"Then what is this. You had not only your ring but mine as well. I threw mine in the river at Cheonggyecheon. This just shows me that you went into the water on that cold day just to find it. I could never do something like this" when in fact he would do something like that. The day after he threw his ring into the river, Jae Won went back to find his ring. Now he knows why he wasn't able to find it.

"It's love, yeah?"

"I did love you. And when I watched you throw it away it completely broke my heart. I now regret getting it and kissing you" Scoffing and laughing out of his own misery "You're the one who kissed me first and you regret it! Should I report for sexual assault then?". Crossing her arms "What you did kiss me back though"
"Okay fine I did. I like your so I don't regret doing it" Standing over her "Well I still like you too, but I still regret it." Jae Won groaned as this is giving him such a headache. "I like you but right now you're not a priority. I need to figure out my shit before anything happens. I'm sure you heard from Kyeong Jun how naive and stupid I used to be" Now sitting Jae Won leans towards her "What does he have anything to do with this? So what you were engaged to another man. I don't care about those things?"

"You might not, but I do! I was planning on taking that secret to the grave. Only for you to end up finding out and I'm humiliated."

"You're humiliated? Here I am begging you to take me back and I look insane doing so" Jae Won was off the rocker his hair was everywhere and couldn't figure out if he wants to stand or sit through this agonizing conversation. "Quiet down my neighbors are gonna think you're crazy"

"So what let them! I don't care anymore" Jae Won raising his voice and slamming his hand on the table to more of a ruckus. "You're so selfish you know that?" Giving him sarcastic smile "Fine, so I'm selfish. I agree. I love, cherish and value myself the most. I decided to live for myself. But I'd rather hear that I'm a horrible girl than hear I'm a stupid idiot. You even said I was frustrating. Have you seen us lately? Do you really think we can make each happy?"

After that whole thing Jae Won was back at his house still going bat shit insane. "How could she just do that. I mean she kissed me first. Is there a way to get revenge on her? A way to make her cry." Then a thought popped into his head "No, no I can't date anyone because Minji is driving me insane I don't have the time!" Picking up his phone "you know what" he presses Minji 's name and waits for her to pick up.

"Hello?" Her voice sounds groggy "How could you be sleeping right now how-" then the line disconnects "Did she hang up on me?" Jae Won dials her number again. "Hello?" In the same tone of voice "Are you seriously sleeping right now. I am going insane and you're sleeping!"
With her eyes still closed "I'm sleepy" hanging up the phone once again. Once again Jae Won dials her number this time Minji waits a few rings more before answering him. "Please please don't hang up. You can't sleep come on Minji." She rubs her eyes and slowly sits up "Okay fine"

Jae Won now is a bit calmer that Minji is choosing not to hang up on him "Okay, lets just stay like this." Now awake "fine I will" Jae Won lets out a relief sigh "By the way, if I'm the bad one here. What are you then?" Minji asking him. "I'm..the crazy guy. It's your fault. Oh did you really mean it? You regret meeting me?"

A moment of silence falls over them "No I don't regret it. When I was with you, I loved every second. I did things I had wanted to do but never tried. The fact that you liked me...I was very grateful. That's what I needed back then. I wanted to become someone else. And I wanted to be loved by someone"

Jae Won putting his hand on his head "Do you really believe that you weren't yourself in Yangyang?"
Minji just sighed "I don't know honestly, I can't tell if I was just being Minji or pretending to be Ji Young. I tried to remind myself not to go back to the stupid old me. Though there are some days where those efforts feel fake or forced. And right now I want to find my true self. All I know is that I don't want to go back to the old me. I'm really sorry that this is the real me but finding myself is important to me. And right now I need to put myself first...before you."