Chapter 14

It's been a couple of days since candle day. Minji was waiting for Kyeong Jun and Jae Won to discuss about the upcoming project for Minji's expansion.  They all sat in the conference room "so here is what I mapped out for you" Jae Won sliding over the tablet for her to see the outline for her building. "It's a great start. I want this to be a place for people to stop by and admire what's around them. It's not just an office building, I want to encourage people to stop by the office rather than making it seem as a hassle. So this is great." As the meeting went on Minji noticed how distance Jae Won was being, even more than before if that's possible. Jae Won didn't glance or pay attention to anything other than the what's in front of him which was the outline of the new building. 

After some more discussion one of their assistance knocks on the door and asks for Jae Won for a bit. He excused himself leaving Kyeong Jun and Minji in the room. Seeing how Jae Won was acting it doesn't sit right with Minji. As soon as the door closes Kyeong Jun asks "So what do you think?"

"What?' Minji zooming in and out of the outline looking up "I saw you. Eyeballing him" chuckling a little. "Don't even go there" Kyeong Jun continues on with his work but doesn't stop teasing her. The two finished up their meeting Kyeong Jun let's Jae Won know that the two of them were heading off. Jae Won bows and goes back to his work. Minji knew that she asked him for space, but this isn't what she meant. Acting as if they are just co workers and that the past couple of months had never happened.

Back at home Minji was holding the necklace in her hand "What could this mean. There wasn't even a note so how would I know? It has to be an accident. Should I call him?"  But he declined it "What? How am I supposed to know what this means" groaning Minji falls back in to her bed looking up at the ceiling.

As the days went on Kyeong Jun had invited her to his new building's opening. Minji even offered her help in planning the event. It was the morning of the opening and Minji was peeking around to see if anything needed to be changed before the event. As she was about to walk to the second floor when she heard "Minji" Kyeong Jun catching her attention she saw her friend walking in; with Jae Won. Great she thought. "Hi Kyeong Jun I'm going to check the area upstairs. Don't forget your walkie talkie later." Excusing herself she bowed to Jae Won and continued up the stairs. Kyeong Jun could see the tension between the two of them, but couldn't figure out what kind of tension.

On the main floor Kyeong Jun and Park Jae Won were standing in front of everyone and was thanking one another for all the hard work along with the support of their friends and co-workers. "Hello my name is Park Jae Won. Compared to the person I love and respect the most, our president, as well as my countless seniors. I lack experience and wisdom. That's why I have no choice but to be brave. I believe in the phrase Sincerity always wins. This applies to construction as well as...relationships" Minji seeing that Jae Won was glancing right over to when he said that. "Therefore, I don't want to disappoint those who have out their trust in me."

His words remind Minji of when Jae Won was teaching how to surf for the first time. "I'll be here the whole time and catch you whenever you fall. So don't worry just focus on the waves. All right? You're my only focus right now" she was brought out of her memory when someone ever the walkie talkie asks for her to be in the monitor room. Making a quick and quiet exit she left but not without Jae Won noticing.

Things were wrapping up and Minji wanted to make sure everything was lined up for tomorrow as well. Should she be home worrying about her own company operations. Yes, but that's why she has plenty of assistance for that. Standing on the rooftop of the building she sends a text to Jae Won
Can we talk?

Taking a deep breath she could care less about how could it was outside. She soon heard foot steps and saw Jae Won did come Minji was thinking he was going to ignore her again. She opens her hand to revel that she had the necklace he gave her "I...I still don't know what kind of person I am. I'm no longer Lee Ji Young. Once you find out the real me you may not like it. I'm still intimidate, clumsy, and messy"

"Yeah, you're right. You're still discovering who you are. You're clumsy and you're shy." Minji nodded "I'm not going to stand here and pretend to have a hard exterior. I really am scared and nervous right now." Fully admitting to Jae Won. "But I'll try to tell you about how I am feeling. I'm still healing myself. I'm still not the Ji Young you knew and I'm still not the best version. There are countless things I need to work on. Are you still okay with that?" Minji finally meeting eye to eye with him. "As for all the things you want to work on. Instead of getting rid of them. How about we get to know about them together? First of all...how about...dating? Let's find out how that feels first."

Hearing those words brought a smile on Minji's face Jae Won takes her hand with the necklace inside the her palm. Opening her hand he takes the liberty to put it around her neck. Jae Won rest his hands on her shoulders admire the woman standing before him. Putting his hand on her cheek caressing his thumb. He pulls her in the two share a kiss under the moonlight pulling away Jae Won puts his head on her shoulder. "I'm so nervous. This isn't even our first kiss"

"I know. My heart feels like it's about to burst as if it was our first kiss."  Going in for the second time they both ease up on one another and just let things happen naturally. Pulling away from one another they each had the biggest smiles on their faces. Minji pulls Jae Won in for a big hug with a single tear down her cheek. Out of happiness Minji is glad that they finally have found one another and can work things out.  As long as they have one another there's nothing that they should be scared of doing.

The two of them make their way down to walk to Jae Won's car "So we're officially dating" Jae Won said with amount of joy in his tone. "You should start with calling by my name"
"What? Minji or jagiya. Jagiya, jagiya" Jae Won saying it quite loud making Minji put her hand over his mouth causing them both to laugh. He pulls her in for a hug and whispers in her ear "jagiya" walking hand and hand with snow falling over them. This was all they have been waiting for. Everything has finally fallen into place.