16th

Kiarrah

It was time for something new

It was time for something new. After months of twist outs, braid outs, flexirods, and buns I'm getting braids. I know I know I'm excited to! I need a break from this curly mane plus my boyfriends decided they wanted to surprise me with a trip. A little baecation if you will. They sprung it on me while on our last date. My jaw is still a tad sore from my thank you.

I'm so happy I stepped into this opening my mind to something new. We've been a throuple as I like to call us going on four months and I'm the happiest I've ever been. I can't believe I almost let them get away. Cain and I are always playing around he taught me how to play a few of his favorite games which in turn I now kick his ass in. Cesar my sweet boy always ready to sit and talk with me we find something new to cook almost everyday even started our own book club. But when I'm with them both it's unmatched.

"Hi mom!" Walking through the doors instantly seeing my hairdresser aka my mother. "Miss me?"

"Girl sit down." She just laughed getting out her chair. "Woo did it grow even more damn!" She plays in my hair.

"I take good care of my hair it's going to grow. Nothing you can't handle though."

My mom has been running this salon since I was a baby. Had me strapped to her chest while doing peoples hair. Anytime I need something done that I can't or don't want to do with my hair it's right to mommy! I wouldn't dare trust anyone else with this crown. My dad is a very successful plumber his company is pretty big around here. I had a nice humble raising even as an only child. Having no siblings meant my parents kept me busy either after school programs or family activities.

She got me all clean using her special concoctions that have paved the way for these luscious curls I have now. She's always been pro natural hair it's what encourages me to keep my hair out despite the ridicule.

"So come on I may be your mother but I'll still your hair dresser." She starts parting my hair. "You still at that cafe?"

"Yes but hopefully not for much longer." I smiled.

"Oh you found a new job?"

"Um no I'm going to start my own business. It's only in the first stages but I have some great and supportive investors."

"Investors huh that's nice."

Cesar and Cain really want me to make my dreams come true and seem to be ready to do any and everything to help me. They sat me down one day and made me write out a full plan all the way from the name of my business and potential location to a shooting grand opening month. I love how supportive they are.

I got here early even though I know I'll be here nearly all day it won't take up all my day. Still have a few things to get done to get ready for my beacation!

"Anything new? A boyfriend maybe?"

"Something like that yeah."

She turned my chair quick almost giving me whiplash. "Really!? When can we meet him?"