13. Slushy

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" Sera was out of breath from running down the hallway to Rowan's office, she stood in the entryway, his door was open with him standing near the window, his muscular back to her and his hands in his pockets.

She wanted to slap herself as he suddenly turned around to look at her, obviously startled.

"Sorry, um, I lost track of time..." She held her hands in front of her and switched her weight from one leg to another, feeling guilty.

"Sera, I told you before it's okay," His deep voice came, "You can come whenever you want and leave whenever you feel like it." He continued.

"But I don't want to be unprofessional, I would like to show up on time and complete all my internship hours."

"You're not unprofessional, come here." Rowan cleared his throat as he made his way back to his desk. " I mean come sit."

Sera slowly walked towards the desk, set her bag on a chair, and sat on the other.

"How was your presentation?"

Sera immediately lit up at the question, "Great!" She smiled, "She said we were the second best group with the second highest mark which I thought was awesome but Allison wasn't really happy with it since she always wants to be the best, in my opinion, I think she was only upset because Cole led the best group..."

A hint of a smile made its way on Rowan's lips and Sera noticed it.

"I'm rambling, sorry." She smiled sheepishly.

"You probably don't really care to know who Cole is...?" It came out like a question. Rowan scrunched his eyebrows but nodded his head anyway.

"They've been rivals since freshman year, and that's only half of the story but I don't wanna bore you with my college drama." She was about to tape her mouth shut just so she would shut the f up.

"It's cool." Rowan was still smiling.

"I'll get to work." Sera bit her lip nervously and pulled her laptop out.

After a few hours of work, Sera was dying to go home, cuddle up in her bed, and drown herself in junk food and movies. She remembered who was at her house waiting for her and internally sighed. Elena and Tristan texted her multiple times throughout the day but she hasn't responded to any.

"If that's all, I'll be on my way." She smiled at Rowan after they were done.

"Of course." Rowan said, "I'll head out with you."

She looked at her watch, they normally close late at night but Sera remembered that Rowan was the boss and he could literally leave whenever he wanted to.

They both grabbed their stuff and started heading out. Sera waited for him outside the office as he packed up. Thinking about her sister, and how she didn't want to go home yet, an idea popped into her mind.

She turned around excitedly only to bump into the large man who was coming out of the office.

"Sorry." She giggled, noticing their proximity, she took a step back.

"It's okay." Rowan was locking his office door with his back to her now when she decided to ask.

"Do you wanna go get a slushy with me?" 

Her already pink cheeks went even more red, she could feel the heat behind them. Sera subconsciously bit her lower lip as she looked up at Rowan with a hopeful look in her eyes. He stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds, almost like he was not believing what she was suggesting. His lips parted slightly while his eyes were locked on her in a trance. 

Was that....too much? 

She started to panic gradually, and when she panics, she rambles.

"Uh.." She was just about to open her mouth and start blabbering when she noticed that Rowan had nodded his head. 

"Okay." He agreed, still looking at her.

"You'll go?" It was her turn to be surprised. 

"Yeah." Rowan nodded.

"To get a slushy?" She asked again, affirming.

He nodded, again.

"With me?" This time she was sarcastic, a little smile turning her lips upwards. 

And this time, Rowan returned her smile.