Bonus Chapter #1

"Sera!"

"Yeah." Her voice was muffled since Rowan was in her living room while Sera was inside her bedroom.

"Come here. What do you wanna eat?" He asked, browsing through different restaurant menus on his phone.

"Rowan." Her voice was suddenly closer so he looked up to see her walking in. "I told you today is Wes' birthday." She looked at him apologetically.

There was a brief look of confusion on his face before he seemed to remember and nod. "So, I came here for nothing." He mumbled, grabbing her hand and gently bringing her over to sit on his lap.

"No, you can watch me get ready." She giggled and tried to pull away when he brought his face closer to her neck. Rowan grew a slight beard in the last few months and it would tickle Sera every time he kissed her. "I can give you a makeup tutorial." She said excitedly.

Rowan hummed, "Where are you going?"

This was the part she was most scared of.

"This club downtown. Wes loves it." She immediately felt him go still.

Rowan met her eyes, his dark gaze intense. She could tell he didn't like the idea and was thinking it over in his head, searching for the right reaction since they talked about the jealousy thing before. It didn't bother Sera, she loved it honestly, but it was very unhealthy for him.

"It's okay, I'll be back in no time." She tried reassuring him. Rowan nodded his head but she could tell he was still hesitant.

"Are you gonna be okay around a bunch of drunk people? You'll probably be the only one sober." He asked.

"Of course, my friends need someone to be sober anyway." She smiled bog in an attempt to reassure him, but Rowan's attention seemed to grab onto something else right then.

"Did you do your nails?" He asked, grabbing one of her hands and scrutinizing it.

"Oh my god!" Sera gasped excitedly, "I forgot to tell you!" She put both of her hands in the space between her and Rowan and waited for him to notice on his own.

"R?" He looked up at her in confusion.

Does he not get it...?

She nodded nonetheless. When he still looked clueless, she sighed. "It's for you."

Rowan's face immediately lit up in a breathtaking smile that would probably make her fall into his lap if she wasn't already. He leaned in and gave her a long passionate kiss.

"I guess you are too old for me after all, you've never seen the trend?" She asked after pulling away.

"What trend?"

"Wait, do you even have a TikTok account?"

Rowan shook his head slowly, "I only have Instagram."

"Okay yeah, that's good." She said distractingly, "But it's the trend where someone would get the initial of their significant other on their nails, Wes dared me to do it." She laughed nervously.

"I was a bit nervous to do it, didn't know if you were into those kinda stuff." She admitted, looking down and playing with one of his shirt's buttons.

"I like anything that makes you happy. And if this shit is a popular trend, then I'm happy that there's something that makes people know you're taken." He mumbled in a low voice, trailing his hand over her shoulder and playing with her hair.

"Do you like that type of thing?" He asked, distracted by her neck now.

"What?"

"Letting people know you're taken." He answered, his hand resting on her throat. Sera nodded embarrassed.

Rowan only hummed before leaning in and slowly brushing his lips against hers before moving to her neck. It was a while before she felt his tongue.

"Rowan?"

He didn't answer.

After a few minutes, he pulled away. Rowan leaned back on the couch and stared at her neck with a satisfied smile on his face. He pulled his thumb to the place and traced it slightly.

"Did you just leave a hickey?" Sera asked accusingly.

Rowan switched his gaze to her and nodded slowly.

"You don't like it?" He asked.

Sera got up and ran to her tall mirror to check. She couldn't really hide her excitement even if she tried because no one has ever given her a hickey, and in all honesty, she thought it was hot, especially in this context. She turned to him and nodded happily.

"Don't cover it, at least for tonight." He requested softly.

The next time Rowan and Sera met for a date, he gifted her a beautiful thin gold necklace that had a big letter 'R' in the middle.

Hiii!!

I feel like this was a bit cringe but i'm low on ideas rn and i felt guilty so i had to give u content. I also would like to clarify again since it seemed like the ending of this book was disappointing but i didn't wanna drag it out since it was supposed to be a silly story just for fun. I never worked on a fixed plot for it bc it was always meant to be a collection of scenarios i think of in one mini story and i never intended for it to be 30+ chapters but it just kinda happened.

I might be writing a mafia romance book after this (w an actual plot this time) but it needs much more planning than what's in my head rn.

Thank you for everyone who voted and commented, i appreciate u all 🫶🏼

(I also feel like they're the type of couple that would breakup after the book ends lmao)