Chapter 27 - Going Home

I thought the quick march to the bike would be enough distance and effort to douse my fires and turn me back into the dude who promised his dad and Uncle Joe that he would behave around Kira and not have his wicked way with her.

Well, I didn't promise it in so many words, but it was definitely implied. 

I was wrong. It didn't help. I still want to turn around, grab Kicks and kiss her some more. She joins me at the bike, and I can see on her face that her brain is working in overdrive. I don't blame her. I wasn't supposed to kiss her like there's no tomorrow. That is against the rules, but seriously, stuff the rules! That was friggin' awesome!

The only problem is that I've unleashed a monster and am struggling to get it stuffed back in its cage. I've kissed many girls with plenty of passion, but I've never actually felt anything real while doing it. Not even with Wendy, and that came pretty close, but it was nothing compared to how kissing Kira with all my heart, ignoring minutes and rules, felt. My heart is beating so hard I'm a bit light-headed.

Gazing into Kira's wide eyes and seeing her flushed cheeks, I realise she is freaking out. It's another fire I need to douse in a hurry, or she will call the whole thing off. If I want her to trust me, I can't go acting like a horny goat around her. I need to defuse this situation fast. 

"Take off your pants."

Yeah, that was probably not a step in the right direction, but she's standing here, wet and muddy, trembling with cold. She is not going to enjoy the ride home, not that she enjoyed the one here either, but it is going to be worse. Judging by the shock and horror on her face, I'm about the thickness of a banana peel away from "I hate you, Ethan Fletcher!" I don't want to be hated... not after that Earth-shattering kiss.

 Arching my eyebrows, I cock my head, indicating her muddy shorts. "You're dirty; you're not getting on my baby in that state," I grin, teasing her, and her face relaxes into one of feigned annoyance. I can tell when Kira is really annoyed and when she's just pretending because she knows I'm just messing with her. "You can keep on your undies unless they're dirty too."

She narrows her eyes and makes a weird, scoffing sound that Jet would've been jealous of. The guy is always making gross or obnoxious scoffing sounds; he would've been impressed. I'm a little startled, though.

"You look worse," she informs me.

She's right; I do look worse. I grin, imagining Kira's face if I take the lead here. I'm seriously good at stripping... and I don't mean the kind that will help me make money; I mean the kind where I would be seriously happy living in a nudist colony. I've suggested it to my parents several times when the temperatures in Egret's Rest turn fry-your-ass-to-a-crisp degrees, and I cannot stand clothes on my body anymore. They don't wanna bite. They want me to suffer.

"If you take off your pants, you're dead!" Kira hurries to add. She knows me so well. She tilts her head, glaring at me in that cute, sexy way she has, and steps closer to my bike. Now she's really trying to kill me. She's doing some kind of weird seductive dance with the motorcycle, wiping her bottom against it and, lying over it, rubbing her chest on the seat. She's wiggling and gyrating, leaving hand and boob prints that I never want to wash off. I'll probably have to because I don't want rust to settle in. I always wash my bike after taking it for a dirty ride, but I really don't want to wash this off.

I would love those prints all over me, though. Seriously, I'm about to pass out! Pressing my lips together so they don't try to grab Kira's, I watch her with my arms crossed for the same reason. My entire body has developed a will of its own. I don't know what I might do next. I'm seriously a bit scared right now, watching Kira transferring the mud from her clothes to my bike.