Prologue

I arrived early at Raimon Junior High School's campus. I volunteered to help the school's staff with the induction ceremony for the first year student. Instead of walking to my classroom to study as usual, I was on my way to the gym until I saw a brown haired boy, looking thrilled...? He was running around looking at the school buildings. I guessed he was a lost first year. I was going to approach him but he then he ran towards an old storage room. It turns out it was a soccer's clubroom, used a decade ago.

After one year of attending Raimon Junior High, I never noticed the old clubroom. I heard about it from some of my classmates but I never cared of checking it out.

The brown haired boy looked...happy just by looking dirty nameplate. For some reason, I was wondering why he was happy.

I was going to approach him again but a woman with short, dark blue hair, wearing red eyeglasses got to him first. She seems to be teacher or an advisor for a club. Since it looks like he was getting help, I walked to the school gym without a thought.

After writing on the banners and setting up the chairs, the staff told me and the few other students that we are finished and that we can leave. I walked out and took a break by walking around the school campus before I start studying by myself. I was going to walk pass the soccer field but paused when I saw in the bottom corner of my peripheral vision some sort of commotion going on between two parties.

I looked down at the soccer field. I noticed many students sitting on the ground, looking like they got beat up, and another group arguing with another. It seems like they were having a disagreement about soccer. I emotionlessly narrowed my eyes at them, trying to know who they are.

I recognized a couple of people in my class, Shindou Takuto and Kirino Ranmaru. I would always see them hanging out together during class but I don't talk to them often. If we did, we would mostly be talking about the classwork. The other team were people I've never seen before and they don't look like they belong to Raimon Junior besides the leader.

The leader wore black eyeliner, and instead of wearing the Raimon's uniform, he was dressed in dark, edgy clothing. I guessed he was a first year. Then, my eyes glanced over to the other first year, who I had seen before. Instead of looking excited like from an hour ago, he looked confused and worried.

I tilted my head to the side with a blank face at them before walking back to the school to study. I don't know why I kept watching them. It was none of my concern.

'Why was I interested in them...?' I questioned myself, dully. I sat in my desk and started studying. After a while, a couple of my acquaintances came inside the classroom in a hurry.

"Oh I knew I'd find you in here, come on! There's a game going on in the soccer building." One of them said to me.

My dull expression changed immediately when I saw them. I smiled nicely, "A game before the opening ceremony?" I tilt my head.

"Yeah, it looks like a huge fight so I wanna go watch. Do you want to come with us?" The other asked.

They both seem to look thrilled if I went so I accepted. They were happy and we walked out to the soccer building.

'Why did I go again...?' I thought to myself. Even though I joined the archery club in my last year of middle school, I had no interest in sports. I joined archery because someone asked me to.

We went inside the soccer gym and found a spot in the very front for the three of us. The teams were from before, back at the soccer field outside. It looks like they started playing just before we came. Just now, the other team scored a point.

They started a new round. I became uninterested in watching people play soccer. I didn't care who won or lose. I blankly watched when my acquaintances were talking about the match just between the two of them.