Chapter 4: The Beautiful Warm Lies

I kicked the soccer ball as I ran towards the goal. I ran swiftly and in good pace. I dribbled the ball and passed a couple of members.

I was doing very well, until I saw a short guy with light blue hair in my peripheral vision, sliding on the ground to kick the ball away. But I kicked the ball up in the air and jumped off the ground with it. The short guy glared back at me with a surprised and an annoyed look.

The others also looked surprised and impressed. I landed back on the ground and continued dodging people in my way. My feet or legs didn't hurt since I somehow had a high pain tolerance. I continued to run fast.

'What a nuisance...' I coldly thought in my head. I smiled back at them, looking like I was having fun with them.

But I was not having fun.

Why do they like this game...?

[Third POV]

While [Name] was doing her entrance exam, Coach Endou watched her closely, examining not only her plays but her expressions. He couldn't figure out what was wrong about her.

"Is something the matter, Coach Endou?" Shindou asked as he notices him thinking about something.

"I think something is...peculiar with your classmate." He honestly answers, crossing his arms. Shindou gave him a confused expression.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Well, I can't put my finger on it." Endou sighs while smiling.

Kirino hears him from the back of the bench and smiles reassuringly. "I can assure you [Name] is great, talented player who gets a long with everyone. She's amazing as well. You could say teamwork is one of her strengths. I think she's fine being in the team."

"I didn't know you admired [Name]-san." Shindou says as he notices him complimenting her a little too much.

"Oh, I always appreciated her thoughtfulness and how she takes responsibility. That's all." Kirino nervously replies back.

"I just hope you're right about that." Endou quietly says to himself.

Shindou manages to hear him. He takes Endou's words into consideration. He watches [Name] carefully.

[Yukihina [Name]]

After I passed through my opponents, I ran up in front of the goal. I kicked the soccer ball with lots of force. The goalkeeper who I heard his name is Sangoku, prepared himself to block the ball and used his hissatsu technique when the ball came in contact with him. For some reason, he wasn't strong enough to block it and the ball made it in the net, with Sangoku in it.

Everyone, the managers, even Shindou and Kirino, stared at me more surprised than they were before. I guessed that scared them.

'Perhaps I put too much force into that kick of mine.' I nonchalantly stared at the ground.

"My apologies that must've frigh-" I turned around to apologize but my sentence was cut off by Tenma when he ran up to me.

"That was incredible, [Name]! That kick of yours, just how did you do that?!" He exclaimed excitedly. I stared at his grey-ish eyes. How could I not stare, we were close. His eyes were shining with...passion.