Chapter 8: We Won, But...

Two Teikoku players had surrounded Kurama when he approached the goal. They called it Sargasso and water was coming out as they ran around him. When they got the ball from him, they ran to Hayami. They used a hissatsu technique in which one of them kicked the ball up above him and they both jumped to kicked the ball simultaneously at him, making him flew back.

When one of them kicked the ball to Mikado, he crashed through Kirino and Amagi. He shot the ball at the goal but it failed when Sangoku punched the ball to the side.

I had stopped running to observe their hissatsu techniques. I didn't get to help them because I was immersed by their ability, until I wasn't.

This team became exhausted as they were out of breath, panting. I became exhausted too, but not because I was tired physically. I was tired of...something else.

They began to play again. They had to. I was either trying to block our opponents or waiting for someone to pass me the ball. Again, I stopped moving to watch Shindou reveal Instrumentalist Maestro, his Keshin. My lips parted a little as I watched him go against Ryuuzaki, a guy with cream-colored hair.

"Oh, that's Shindou's Keshin," I said. Then my voice became monotone-ish, "Why does it look uninteresting than before?" I muttered to myself.

Somewhere near me, Tenma noticed I was zoning out. He slowed down to get my attention, shouting. "Hey [Name], are you alright?!"

"Ah," I snapped out of my trance and nodded at him nicely, "yes! Sorry!" I continued to run. I noticed Tenma tilting his head, looking confused but I guessed he dismissed it by running somewhere.

Ryuuzaki showed Shindou his Keshin, named Dragoon Tedis. I still ran with my other members but I slowed down a bit to watch. They both kicked the ball but it was stuck between their foot. Shindou lost when Ryuuzaki crashed passed him, with the ball.

Kurumada was about to face Sasaki when he ran at him full speed, yelling out his hissatsu technique, Dash Train. He stole the ball back and passed it to Shindou.

He wanted to redo Ultimate Thunder, which everyone complied. He kicked the ball to Hayami. After they passed it to Kurama, he turned around and tried to kick the ball with much force but failed because he's weak.

When the ball the passed to Mikado, he showed his Keshin, named Black Wings Raven. I became uninterested in those Keshins, which was weird. I remembered back in the indoor soccer gym, when Shindou's and Kyousuke's were competing with Keshins, I thought it looked intriguing and it would help me. But now, it just looks boring and useless.

My thoughts disappeared when Sangoku flew back, failing to block the ball with his hand using Burning Catch. Even the hissatsu techniques seemed useless now.

I realized this match, soccer was incredibly stupid. All of it. The Keshins, hissatsu techniques, their playing styles, it won't help me find it. Why do they like this game? Why does it look thrilling and interesting to them, but not me? They all are trying very hard and I still don't understand. I began to think when I stood still, watching them.

With my eyes relaxed, I watched Shindou failing to steal the ball back from Mikado again, and Tenma and Shinsuke getting shoved, without my help. I didn't even hear the whistle blew for halftime. Both teams were getting off the field while I continued to stand still. Shindou was about to run off the field until he noticed me. He approached up to me and tapped my shoulder once to get my attention which he did.

"Are you okay, [Name]?" He asked me, concerned. "Halftime starts."

"Oh, yes. I'm okay," I nodded, smiling.

Shindou gave me a skeptical look but I didn't think much of it. We both walked out the of the field to meet with the others and Coach Endou. Shindou suddenly turned towards me.