Chapter 2: Club

In the middle of the lesson, [Name] slightly narrowed her eyes as she watches Shindou from the seat behind him.

'What will he do now knowing that enemy of his is joining the soccer club?' She suddenly wonders. She shook her head, trying to snap out of it. 'I shouldn't be thinking about that. That's not my problem...'

After school, students came out of their classrooms when the bell rang for the day. [Name] took her time walking out. She glanced at a school board on the wall. Only two papers were hung and one of them got her attention. She stopped walking and read one of them, titled, Soccer Club Entrance Exam!.

She stared at it for a while, thinking. 'I don't think Mom will like it if joined when I start volunteering for the hospital. I will just have to leave them alone. Huh...?'

"Why am I thinking about joining the soccer club...? That's...peculiar." She asked herself when she usually doesn't think about anything else, except for her schoolwork and her mother.

[Name] dismissed it and left the school. She took her usual route, which was walking pass the soccer field to the exit. She stopped and saw in her peripheral vision the soccer players down at the soccer field. She turned towards the field and walked a little closer.

"Oh right, the soccer entrance exam is starting for them." She mumbled to herself. The coach began stating their names.

Then she also saw the enemy leader walking towards the field. He took one step down the stairs and sat, watching the Raimon players.

[Name] looked at him for a few seconds before watching the players from above. She decided to leave him alone. 'Am I allowed to watch them...? I can message Mom I'll be home a little late again. I just hope that this game will not waste my time.' She thought. She stood to watch them. Luckily, she was able to hear them.

The players began spreading out on the field, going to their positions. The whistle blew and the game is now in session. One of the newcomers kicked the ball to Newcomer B. They had a terrible aim. Then he kicked it to Newcomer C, but the ball bounced off of his chest.

"Hey, think about how much kick you're using!" Newcomer C yelled at Newcomer B, which he only scoffed at.

"Oh...how useless." [Name] had these cold, dull looking eyes as she watches them. "This is a horrible game already. What was I expecting again...?"

"Don't worry, it's only just started!" The brown haired boy said while he ran.

"Huh...?" [Name]'s dull eyes slowly disappeared when she saw him. "It seems like he's the only few players that are positive now. What was his name again? Matsukaze Tenma?"

One of the Raimon players had the ball but he kicked it to Nishizono, one of the newcomers. But the ball rolled pass him and went to the nerdy looking player.

"Shinsuke, relax yourself!" Matsukaze says to him, which he nodded in reply.

The nerdy looking player kicked it to Matsukaze. He managed to get pass the guy wearing goggles on his head. Then he paused when he came across Shindou.

"Are you serious when you say you'll pass?" Shindou asked.

"Yes!" Matsukaze answered with certainty. "I want to join! I want to play soccer in Raimon!"

"There is no soccer here!" Shindou grits his teeth and shoved him back. Matsukaze fell to the ground.

Even though he failed to pass Shindou, he sat up and complimented the captain.

"You're amazing, Captain! Guess I won't get past you that easily. But I won't give up!" He stood up.

"Really...? Despite being shoved and discouraged by the soccer captain, he always finds a way to get back up again. He's full of determination. How...nice." [Name] says as the dullness in her eyes disappeared, but it still seems fake.

Nishizono immediately became disappointed when the ball was quickly stolen from him by Shindou. Shindou kicked it back to him but Nishizono didn't felt like playing.

Matsukaze tried to encourage him but it didn't work. He took over the ball and ran to his opponents. He dodged all of them but not Shindou. Matsukaze almost got passed him until he tripped when Shindou stole the ball again.

"I'm not done yet!" Matsukaze shouts.

[Name] continues to watch them fail multiple times but the two never gave up. This game went on, even when the sun was about to set.

The game suddenly changes. Matsukaze was able to slide and kick the ball away from Shindou. "I won't...ever give up!"

The ball rolled to Nishizono. He received it but tripped when he kicked it away. Matsukaze kicked it up in the air. Shindou jumped to steal the ball but Nishizono jumped higher. He was about to bump it on his head but Shindou did some backflip in the air and kicked the ball down.

Matsukaze panted at the ground. "I won't give up."

Shindou sets his foot on the ball. "You think that as long as you don't give up, your wishes will come true?"

Matsukaze stood up and shouts. "Yes!"

"You don't know anything!" Shindou yells back. He kicks the ball with a lots of force at him.

Everyone watching, except for [Name] and the enemy leader, were shocked when Matsukaze was fell down. He stood up again and had the ball but he was more tired than before. He kept panting.

"I-I've got the ball...this time...I'll get pass..." Before he could finish, he passed out due to exhaustion. His classmates ran to him, shouting his name. The coach ended the exam.

"Hm. He is interesting. I like how he plays..." [Name] says as she watches his classmates help him up.

It was time for the results. All five newcomers stood in a line next to each other. Matsukaze and Nishizono were panting while the other three newcomers were smiling pridefully.

"Those who passed are...Matsukaze Tenma and Nishizono Shinsuke." The coach announced to them. Shindou and his teammates were surprised by this.

"Those two. That's all."

The other three newcomers protested at the coach. His expression did not changed but for some reason he did startle them. They walked away up the stairs. The enemy leader sitting made some comment about them which made them leave quickly.

The two new members were happy as they pinched each others cheeks to make sure they were not dreaming. They walked over to the team to introduce themselves.

Matsukaze suddenly looks up smiling but stopped when he notices a(n) [hair color]-haired girl insincerely smiling down at him from up the little hill. She also notices him looking up at her. She tilted her head, giving him a nice smile. She walked away and left the school campus.

'Was she watching this the whole entire time?' Matsukaze wondered, watching her leave. Then he dismissed it and continued with his celebration with Nishizono.

--------------------

[Author Notes]:

• I'm going to an anime convention right now. I hope there is Inazuma Eleven stuff there. (Edit: I didn't find any IEGO merch but I bought a Wanderer body pillow case with Scaramouche side, Scarameow plush, Wanderer keychain, Shirokane Rinko CD keychain, Project Sekai Single, Neon sticker from Valorant, and a Nightcord at 25:00 members photo).

• I'll try to make the chapters a bit longer.

• If there's any mistakes or if something doesn't make sense, please tell me. I sometimes don't edit properly and I wrote this at night.

• 1,270 words

--------------------

Thank you for reading!