Chapter 3: Hope

I couldn't watch the soccer club play matches for a few days because I had to go volunteer a hospital after school. It was a good thing I can choose what day and time I can help. I planned out my schedule.

I was assigned to help out at the Inazuma General Hospital for a few days. The doctors and nurses were very kind to me. They told me to do simple tasks like writing notes about patient's illness or injuries, or watching over and supporting them. They also taught me the basics in health.

The nurses assigned me to help an older boy. They informed me he had leg injuries from when he was young teen.

"Oh, that's terrible. He's been bedridden here since he was child?" I reconfirmed with the nurse.

"That's right." The nurse nodded. We stopped when we got the patient's door. She opened the door to let me in first. "I'll introduce you to him..."

————————————————————

After working in the hospital for an hour and a half, I went back to my house. I told my mother about my day at the dinner table.

The next day I was running an errand for an acquaintance of mine from homeroom after school. I was walking calmly until I saw Matsukaze and Nishizono practicing head bumps on a soccer ball at the riverbank grounds. They were working very hard.

I put my hand on my chest. I started to realize every time I watch Matsukaze practice soccer, it kinda makes me want to join the soccer club. I didn't realize my eyes started to glimmer when I looked at Matsukaze.

I closed my eyes. 'Maybe I can find what I'm looking for.' I opened my eyes.

"Okay, I will join the soccer club." I nodded my head to myself. "He gives me...hope. I guess he might be right after all."

I snapped out of it when the duo ran towards the school. My eyes became empty-looking.

After my errands, I went back to the school and saw the Raimon soccer club practicing at the soccer field. Nishizono and Matsukaze were happy they accomplished something. I saw the soccer coach walk towards the benches. I thought it was the right time to sign up.

I took a deep breath and let it out. I walked down the stairs to the soccer field.

[Third POV]

Shindou was talking to Kirino on the bench. Matsukaze and Nishizono were excitedly talking about something on the field. Everyone else seems like they were in a good mood at the end of practice.

"Greetings everyone." [Name] waved her hand with a smile as she walks to them. "I'm sorry to interrupt."

The Raimon club stopped what they were doing and turned their head to look at the [hair color]-haired girl, who was walking up to them.

"Isn't that..." Kirino trailed off to Shindou.

Matsukaze looked at her and kinda recognized her from the other day, during the end of his soccer exam. "Who's she?"

"Yukihina-san?" Shindou questions as he walks past Matsukaze, catching his attention. "What are you doing here?"

Everyone else followed Shindou to see what was going on. Coach Endou, Otonashi, and the three managers watches them from the benches.

"Ah, Shindou-san, Kirino-san. I understand that this may be sudden, but I was wondering if I could join the soccer club?" [Name] says.