Chapter 7: A Hopeless Game

"The ball goes to Teikoku's Captain Mikado!" said Kakuma.

"Begin the attack!" Mikado ordered his teammates.

He turned around and was running towards our goal. [Name] mentally sighed. She stayed behind the midfielders while they chase after Mikado, just in case they got the ball back and have to pass it to a forward.

[Name] manages to get away from her opponents, who were blocking her. She ran away and glanced at a camera crew, coming from the audience.

'Yuuichi must be watching, hm,' she thought. 'He's going to be disappointed when he finds out that...'

Meanwhile, Yuuichi was sitting on his bed, watching the game with a small TV beside his bed. He was glad that [Name] was included in team and was now playing as a forward. When the camera turned to the field, his smile slowly dropped. He noticed Kyousuke was nowhere to be found. He wasn't on the bench either.

"Why?" Yuuichi questioned to no one. "Why aren't you in the game, Kyousuke?"

Back to the game, Mikado continued to run while two of his teammates were next to him. They got blocked by the Raimon's defenders. [Name] noticed someone running up to them. She suddenly ran very fast to stop him from getting the ball.

When Mikado kicked the ball to his teammate, Sasaki, Tenma was going to kick it but then [Name] leaped forward and kicked the ball out of bounds, with the tip of her foot. This shocked the two Teikoku players. It was like she was a ghost that appeared of nowhere.

"[Name]!" Tenma smiled at her. He felt relieved when it was her that kicked it away.

"Incredible! Yukihina [Name] ran all the way from the front just to defend!" said Kakuma.

[Name] sets her hand on her chest as she panted out of her mouth. She looked at Tenma, who came up to her.

"That was so close!" He said with excitement. "I was going to get it but you did a better job doing that! You did great!"

'Why is he being overly excited...?' [Name] thought while smiling at him. 'All I did was kicking the ball out. He does compliment a lot, even the smallest things...'

"Thank you Tenma," she said to him. "That was nothing, really."

"No matter what we do, one of them always ends up free," Kurumada said to the defenders.

"This is tough," Amagi commented.

"We'll have to keep defending to pull through this, I guess," Kirino added.

"No." Shindou started as he came up to the three. "Defending won't help us win. Our opponent is Teikoku Academy. If we want to win...we need Ultimate Thunder!"

Some of [Name]'s teammates had their mouth gaped opened when they listened to their captain.

"Don't be crazy!" Kirino told Shindou, trying to reason with him. "We need everyone involved if we want to block Teikoku's attacks!"

"We can't afford to chance it," Hayami added.

"No matter how small a chance we've got, we'll do Ultimate Thunder as soon as one of us has the ball!" said Shindou. "Got it?"

"But that hissatsu tactic was never perfected," Kurama replied. "Who's going to make the finishing kick?"

Shindou stayed silent for a moment. Before he was going to answer, [Name] next to him stepped forward.

"I'll shoot it in," she volunteered. Shindou, Tenma, and the others to slightly widened their eyes at her, a little surprised to not see her smiling. Instead, she had this serious, determined look on her face as she spoke.