The Beast in Me ( A Very Short Story )

Hi! I’m Emily a 15-year-old girl. I’m living with my mother, older sister, and younger brother.

My father? He passed away when I was 10, but where fine now, my whole family were just fine. I have friends and a best friend who always stay beside me.

“Ana! I told you to wash the dishes before you go”

“But mom I’m in a hurry let Vince do that!”

“What? Why me, it’s your task not mine!”

Here they are again arguing with simple things, so I stand up and wash the dishes myself.

“Hey Emily! Sit beside me”

“No, no, no Michelle Emily will sit beside me”

“Stop it guys! Emily will stay next to me”

My friends, they always this hyper and jolly, and they always make me smile and laugh. I decided to sat between them for equal attention, and that became our setting arrangement for the whole year.

Emily are you alright?”

Whenever you need me, I’m just here, I’ll help you”

My best friend, he’s always there to comfort me when I’m sad or not feeling okay. He never fails to stay by my side to give his helpful hand.
I went home, and locked myself in my room, I am too fired up so I lay myself on my bed. I’m about to take a nap when my best friend calls me.

Emily! I know you’re not fine, I’m here you on cry on me”

“Emily, please talk to me, I’m here to help you”

He’s always this kind to me, he will never leave not unless I opened up my problems to him. The more I stayed in my room, the more he insists to help me, so I started to tell him.

Early in morning, my siblings don’t want to wash the dishes, and they might get into fight so I washed it”

“At school my friend was arguing on which side I’m going to sit, so I sat between them”

“That’s how my day went through, nothing special, nothing to worry about”

I told him everything, but it seems that he doesn’t believe it.

You’re lying, that’s not how your day worked”

“Emily, trust me, tell me your problems for I will help you to get those away”

With his comforting words I started crying and he slowly hug me, that made me more cry on him.

They never loved me, they just hate me, all of them.”

“My friend, they weren’t my friends, they don’t want me, every time I stepped in our room, they were always there to make fun of me, they laugh at me the whole day.”

“My brother, he doesn’t want me to be his sister, just like my older sister, for they think that I’m just a brainless idiot who did nothing right.”

“My mother, I can feel that she still hates me, for she blames me of the loss of her husband, my father.”

As I cry harder, the more he hugs me tighter

“My father, he died in front of me, and they blame me for I did nothing to save him”

They only cared for their own hurt feelings when my father passed away, not even bother to asked me if I’m fine after I witnessed everything.”

“I do want to save him, but how? If he’s the one who save me.”

“I can still clearly remember how he died in front of me, and it became my nightmare.”

shhhh… stop crying I’m here, I won’t leave you”

“I understand your pain, so let me heal your wounds”

“let me end this miserable life of yours.”

I don’t know why or how, but it feels like I’m not in control of my own body. It seems that it has its own mind. My own body listens to my best friends’ advice, and I just found myself standing on a chair with a rope above me. Slowly my hands get the rope and put around my neck, ready for the unexpected death.

Don’t worry that isn’t painful, instead it will take away all the pain you’ve been through for years.”

I’m ready, in any second now my pain will be gone, and finally I can rest from the tiredly chaos of life.

I’m ready!”

I’m about to jump, when a familiar sound played. It was my father’s favorite song that he always sang to me to sleep. I open my eyes full of tears, and saw my phone ringing, and as the call ended I saw my father’s picture.

I remove the rope and hurriedly get my phone and hug it tightly.

You save me dad, you save me again”

“I’m sorry if I attempt to waist the life you gave and risk for me, I’m sorry dad I love you.”