101. 22𝚗𝚍 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢

Chapter-101

Author's POV

The metal door opened with a creaking sound, alerting the person inside about the presence of certain someone.

In all his glory, he walked inside the basement along with his men.

His green eyes sized him up and down, and a sly smirk formed on his lips looking at the dark circles under his eyes.

He didn't sleep all night.

If only he knew it was so easy to break the mighty Chase! He wouldn't have racked his brain to knit a careful plan to take him down. He thought to announce war against him but the rumours of his mad love for his girlfriend gave him an upper hand in capturing him, easily.

He even extended his power all over the countries.

Shaking his head, he walked towards the chair and sat, looking straight at him.

Chase slowly lifted his eyes, when he heard of the shuffling sound of something.

" I hope you didn't sleep well" Donovan threw a nasty comment, snickering evilly at Chase.

He was all worked up. But he remained silent. He wanted to ask him a favour.

He never thought he would beg Donovan for something.

Well, life.... has its plan.

Expect the unexpected.

" Tell me Chase...how long did you capture her in your mansion?" Donovan asked, his eyes betraying nothing. His voice was calm as the sea.

Chase knitted his brows.

Why does he need that?

" How does it concern you?" Chase said, his voice gruff. His throat was burning because of the lack of water.

Donovan smirked looking at Felix, who understood the meaning behind his smirk and passed him the whip.

It wasn't surprising.

He whipped many of his traitors too.

" Tell me...if you want to know about her," he said, coldly.

He knew he hit the target. Chase never knew he had this soft corner in his heart.

" Two months" Chase said.

A victorious smirk played on his lips.

He did the calculation in his mind.

Two months...sixty days...so he must've seen her three months ago.

" Whip him, Felix....for every day she spent with him, he should bleed!" Donovan spat, angrily.

Chase wasn't afraid of the whips. He was waiting for this to happen. He knew it was bound to happen. He didn't bring him here to serve him.

Felix raised the whip and flogged him across the back, but Chase didn't even hiss. He was mentally prepared for it.

The sound of whips, followed by the gripping sounds of a chain, echoed in the room.

Donovan wanted to hear his screams. And he knew how to make him scream.

" You love her? Do you love her?" Donovan asked, rising to his feet. Chase pulled on the chains, clenching his jaws. He was bleeding from the whips now.