~ 10 ~

- Vessel -

I held Jade close to me, I could feel her sadness and regret and I started to feel connected to her.

She pulls away and I take her cold hands and hold them with mine. I look down at them and Jades sleeve had been pushed up slightly. I saw red lines that scared accosts her arm and disappeared into her sleeve.

I look up at her and made eye contact. She lifted her head up as well and had an apologetic look.

I held both her hands in one and used the other to move her sleeve back up.

Her eyes turned red and I felt her dispare. She was a broken, lonely girl who just wanted genuine love and I felt for her. I know that feeling a need I hate to see others in pain when they don't deserve it.

"It's okay, look at me. I'll help you. Let's stop pretending we're strangers. We're more alike then you think, Sugar. I understand your pain, I can get you through this".

I saddened as I looked into her lonely eyes. I feel a sigh of relief exit her mouth and the starts to speak

"Thank you, Vessel" is all she manages to say before he hugged me tightly again. She was no longer a tough, independent person. She just wanted comfort.

I could feel a smile grow on my face knowing that she felt she could trust me.

She pulled away and stared at the horizon as the sun started to set

"I- I feel like I can tell you anything, so I'll tell you about Liam as well, may as well be honest" she say in a voice that sounded as if she was annoyed at having to remember those her hurt her.

I nod my head and look of in the same distance that she did. If I looked at her as s he spoke, I wouldn't concentrate on all that she said.

"Liam... he was someone I fell in love with but he... he pretended to love me back. He would cheat and lie, he made me think of myself as nothing more then a a small part of his big life"

I saw her body shiver slightly, The memories were rushing through her head as she spoke bringing abkcobviouse termoil.

"I felt like I could trust him at first, but he betrayed me. I use to be very shy so I didn't confront him much. And when I did, he would yell at me and tell me get back in line. One day I cracked it and while he was at work I packed my shit and left. He tried to call but I never answered and blocked him everywhere. I haven't heard a word from either of the dickheads since"

She let out a slight chuckle that was clearing from annoyance and anger.

"Hey, their just assholes, you're worth so much and you mean so much to so many people. I mean... look at your brother, he doesn't want you to get hurt. He cares, and so do i " I felt as if we would help each other. Maybe she could make me feel what it's like to be happy again, and not feel a constant wave of sadness.

After about 20 mins of us talking, I eventually saw Jades eyes get heavy and her speech was declining. She was clearly tired. It was dark outside, the only light coming from that of the streetlights.

She yawned and I took that as a sign to stand up.

"Ready to go? You look tired, the boys will be getting worried" I said, of course they won't be worried, they know that I'll keep he safe. But she looked like she was about to pass out.

We got up and out my arm over her shoulder to support her and we walked back to the hotel.

When we got in no one was awake so we made sure to be as quiet as possible.